If there’s one word that is on top of everyone’s minds ever since the pandemic struck, it’s
“immunity”. Dr. Nitika Kohli, an eminent Ayurvedic doctor and an expert who is based in Delhi,
has been working for Ayurveda since 14 years and with her experience and knowledge, she has
listed down the following things that can help build your immunity.
In this last one year, we have all googled hundreds of times about top immunity tips to keep
ourselves away from COVID. So, here’s everything “Ayurveda” has to offer for building your
Why Ayurveda for Better Immunity?
Ayurveda explains immunity in a very elaborated way under the name of “vyadhikshamatva”,
means, the ability of the body to fight disease in a comprehensive way by balancing your mind,
body and spirit. Let’s find out how we can achieve this in two ways.
Improving Immunity through Mind, Body and Spirit
1. Start your day with a warm water gargle with a pinch of salt and turmeric. Or gargle with
water boiled with triphala.
2. Scrape your tongue, preferably with copper scraper, to get rid of all unwanted residues.
3. Learn the art of oil pulling –
Take a spoonful of coconut oil or sesame oil in your mouth and swish it around for 60 seconds.
Do not drink. Spit it out and rinse your mouth with warm water.
4. Steam Inhalation – inhaling hot steam two to three times a day through your nose and mouth
is an important step to keep your nasal and throat passages clear and to get rid of any lingering
viruses. You can also add fresh mint leaves or ajwain or eucalyptus oil to this steam water to
make it more effective.
You can also dry roast some ajwain seeds in a covered saucepan and inhale the smoke.
5. Nasal oiling – Apply coconut oil, ghee or sesame oil in both nostrils in morning and evening
to keep your nasal membranes strong and clean.
6. Yoga – Spend 15 minutes to half an hour daily on important respiratory exercises and yoga
asanas like Pranayama, Kapalabhati, yogic breathing, and meditation. These can help you keep
your body and mind fit and positive.
7. Dhayan- Don’t ever underestimate the power of positivity, care and empathy, and good
karma. Giving to the needy in any way that you can, be it money, food, medicines or clothes –
should be a way of life.
Improving Immunity through your Diet
1. Herbal tea – daily intake of herbal teas like one made with tulsi, ginger and black pepper with
a pinch of honey/jaggery or lemon can work wonders for your throat.
2. Kadha is another great idea – make a simple one at home with tulsi, ginger, cinnamon, black
pepper and munakka and a pinch of taal misri. While preparing, make sure you boil enough to
reduce the water to half its original quantity. And sip it while it’s still hot.
3. Avoid intake of super chilled drinks and reduce alcohol intake.
4. Fresh Fruits and Vegetables – include more fresh seasonal fruits and green vegetables in
your daily diet to give your body all the vitamins and minerals it needs.
5. Choose fresh food -! Get over those Maggi & junk food cravings and go experiment in your
kitchen to rustle up something interesting & healthy.
6. Spices & Herbs – no, I don’t mean more chilli! But adding some spices and essential herbs in
your everyday food – like turmeric, cinnamon, tulsi, ginger, garlic, black pepper, amla juice and
honey can help your body fight many infections better.
7. Golden milk – There’s nothing more soothing to your mind and body than a glassful of warm
turmeric milk just before bedtime. It keeps colds and sore throat away and brings on a peaceful
night’s sleep that’s so important for staying healthy and fit.
8. Dry Fruits and nuts – nuts and dry fruits that are rich in vitamins like Omega 3, calcium and
zinc are good snack ideas. Go for walnuts, almonds or cashews whenever you feel those
9. According to Ayurveda, it’s important to balance your kapha and pitta. So cut down your
consumption of fried foods, meat (especially red meat), fish, chilli and dairy items like cheese
10. Stay hydrated – keep sipping lots of warm water throughout the day to keep your throat
moist, body hydrated and to flush those toxins out.
Aren’t these simple ayurvedic practices worth adopting in your day-to-day life rather than falling
prey to illnesses or popping pills every day?
Now, you know why we should be betting on Ayurveda for better immunity!!!
Navy Veteran Davis Chris Takes the Music Industry by storm
In life, you need to break down anything that might be holding you back and change course if need be...
5 Disruptive Leaders Paving the Way in 2021
Where there is uncertainty, lies a whirlwind of opportunity. 2020 was the year that had entrepreneurs learn a great deal...
Brock Pierce Wants To Disrupt The Two Party System And Be Your Next President
We don’t usually cover politics much here at Disrupt, but when Crypto billionaire and friend of the show, Brock Pierce...
John Mcafee – Predictions For The Future
John McAfee is a world-famous tech CEO, computer scientist, civil disobedience activist, privacy advocate, and pioneer of the commercial anti-virus...
Gaby Wall Street – Teaching Latinas to Thrive During The Crisis
It’s no secret we are facing one of the most challenging financial times of the last few decades as we...
Tony Delgado – The #1 Entrepreneurship Movement In Puerto Rico
Puerto Rican online market is in constant progress. With many entrepreneurs who are coming here to start a business, it...
Elena Cardone – The 10X Ladies Conference Is Declaring 2020 The Decade For Women
The next ten years are meant for women to continue growing their potential and succeeding in multiple areas, including business....
How Josh Elizetxe Built Snow Into a $40 Million Dollar Business
There is nothing quite like an entrepreneur’s determination when starting a business. That’s my original quote by the way (pun...
How Jason Capital Became A Self Made Millionaire By 24
Have you ever wanted to earn the respect of everyone who ever looked down on you at some point in...
Sam Bakhtiar On His Way To A Quarter Billion
Dr. Saman Bakhtiar, who prefers being referred as Sam, lives in an 8200 square foot $5.2 million house, Sam is...
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
How Alex Kleyner is Helping Households Who Are Counting On Store2Door.com For Essential Supplies
Executive Voice5 days ago
Top 10 Hair Stylists To Look Out For In 2021
Executive Voice1 week ago
ATS Wallet to Launch World’s First Digital Wallet IPO for Investors in 2022
Executive Voice1 week ago
Top 10 Realtors To Watch Out For In 2021
Legal2 weeks ago
Former TV Star Josh Duggar Pleads ‘Not Guilty’ to Federal Child Pornography Charges; What Next?
News1 week ago
Robinhood Has “Become a Very Significant Part of the Casino Aspect,” Says Warren Buffet
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
Event Speakers who are Disrupting Coaching and Speaking Industry
Executive Voice6 days ago
No More Stress With Mortgages With Lee Hillman At Your Service