Crowdfunding has become extremely popular in the last few years as people turn to the internet to share their fundraisers and ask for help from their community to finance important projects, medical bills, or their living situation. As this surge happened, more platforms became available for users to choose from. However, not all of them offer features that make the services accessible and easy to use.
Looking at the available platforms, there are 5 essential features every crowdfunding platform should have.
- 0% Platform Fees: Users who turn to crowdfunding platforms are already struggling with their financial situation, so they are looking for a service that will not charge them for having access to the forum. Not all of them have 0% fees, but one of those is FreeFunder that relies solely on voluntary donations.
- Platforms that Donate: Individuals will feel more inclined to work with a platform that will support their cause and stand by it by donating a certain amount to the cause.
- Text-To-Donate: Everyone is online 24/7 through their smartphones, so what would be better than opening up the possibility of donating through a text? Adding a feature in which users can contribute to a campaign by simply texting a keyword will help the fundraiser succeed.
- Embedded Fundraiser Widgets: A large number of users setting up their fundraisers through crowdfunding platforms have an already established website where they share updates regarding the campaign and what they are doing. For that reason, an A+ platform would have the option for embedded fundraiser widgets for people to simply add the campaign to their website, allowing others to donate directly from there and not having to jump to a new tab.
- Mobile-Friendly: Most of us spend most of our day on our phones, reading the news, interacting on social media, and texting our friends. A big necessity is for crowdfunding platforms to be mobile-friendly. This will allow people to donate at any time of day by simply opening the campaign on their phones, making it user-friendly and more accessible.
There are several platforms users have access to, but not many have these features included. FreeFunder has developed these 5 features into their system and plenty of other user-friendly apps that make them the go-to crowdfunding platform. Kickstarter offers some of these features but can only be used for creative projects, while Indiegogo is mostly for entrepreneurs.
If you are looking to set up your fundraising campaign, you must do your research and explore the features the platform offers you. These 5 main features will guarantee the success of your fundraisers, allowing you to reach your goal. They are the 5 essentials features your crowdfunding platform of choice should have.