The use of plants has gone beyond mere decorative purposes as people are beginning to realize they could do more or get more out of these bright creatures. Plants are now used to prevent airborne viral diseases by increasing the humidity indoor levels. There have been cases where a family stopped having such infections after they started keeping plants such as palms and ferns. Most times, keeping these diseases away from your household goes beyond the medications you have in your first aid boxes, household plants may have the answers. If your aim is to get such plants, you should avoid Cacti and succulent plants because they do not increase humidity level. The increase in humidity occurs as a result of transpiration. In the covid19 and loackdown phase of this decade, it is much advisable opt for plants that can protect you from common cold. Selecting and ordering houseplants has become more coinvent using online services. Moyses Stevens offers same day flower delivery London service and next day UK flower delivery, seven days a week. Below are 9 plants that can protect you from common cold.
- Aleo Vera: Aleo Vera is one of the popular plants people love to keep in their homes not just for the protection against common flu but for the other numerous health benefits linked to it. It is also applied in skin care and existing preparations of Aleo Vera juice have been used for various purposes too.
- Snake plant: The snake plant is popularly known as mother-in-law’s tongue. This plant filters the indoor air and a unique feature about this plant is that it converts carbondioxide to oxygen at night, this ensures you constantly receive healthy airflow in your home.
- Pothos Marble Queen: This plant thrives on low light and it is known to purify the air of impurities such as benzene, carbon monoxide and formaldehyde. It also gets rid of eye irritation. It is easy to maintain and has calming effects.
- Ficus Lyrata: Ficus Lyrata is known for its ability to purify the air. With this plant in your home, you can confidently breathe knowing that you won’t be taking in toxins. The beauty this plant brings to your home is also a reason to keep it.
- Areca palm: Areca palm is simply described as a beauty to behold. This plant improves air humidity, beautifies your home, reduces stress and absorbs indoor air impurities. It may interest you to know that it is also safe for pets, you need not worry about your pets getting harmed.
- Bird of paradise: Bird of paradise is an exotic plant that feels your home with happiness through its vibrant colours and tropical feel. It has large leaves that make it stand out in the midst of other plants and these leaves purifies and circulates air.
- Lady palm: Unlike other plants that compete with oxygen with you, the lady of palm purifies the oxygen for you and keeps your home healthier and cleaner.
- Monstera: it has natural holes on the leaves, but it is known to be a climbing plant. It humidifies and purifies the air conditions.
- Rubber tree: The rubber tree requires low maintenance and is known to have no allergic properties. This plant is easy to grow and helps purify the air.