Adam Lyons is a renowned, world-class speaker on the subject of dating, business, and marketing. A serial entrepreneur, Lyons founded several businesses and created a handful of channels and fan bases in a variety of niches, attracting over 120,000+ Facebook followers and 60,000+ YouTube followers.
Lyons founded Ask the Dating Coach, The A.C.E. Formula, and Psychology Hacker, collectively generating millions of views on YouTube. In 2015, he was interviewed by Megyn Kelly on The Today Show about his polygamous relationship, which was also covered extensively in the British tabloids. Lyons talks business; how COVID-19 impacted the dating world; and his personal tips on success.
- How does one enter the relationship and dating coach business? Is it usually a passion project, or do people fall into it by accident?
AL: Most people come into the business as a student, and their life is changed so profoundly that they desire to help others avoid the pain and anguish of the dating scene.
- How were you able to find international success in the dating coaching business?
AL: By being really good at what we do. There are a lot of fakes, a lot of phonies, and when you’re actually good at what you do, it becomes very easy to be successful.
- During COVID-19, have your marketing strategies shifted? Also, has demand from your clients increased or decreased during this time?
AL: Our marketing strategies have changed simply because we’re focused more online than in person, due to all the quarantine and social distancing-related restrictions. As for the demand for our services; it’s definitely increased significantly. People are craving connection more than ever these days.
- You utilize the art of Sensual Attraction: being attractive to a partner across all the various human senses. What does this entail?
AL: Most people, when they think about being more attractive, they think, “How do I look? What am I wearing?” That’s all visual. But you actually have to look at the 5 core senses together, and I’d argue that’s more important than looks alone. Have you split-tested your cologne to make sure it’s your most attractive scent? How’s your voice? Do you have verbal tics or an annoying voice? What are you saying? Are you talking in a way that makes people interested in what you’re saying? How do you taste?
I know that sounds crazy, but people use all kinds of scented soaps and things that can be really unpleasant to taste. Also, how’s your physical touch? All of these things make you far more attractive than just the basics of how you look.
- As an entrepreneur in this business, what is the breakdown of your revenue streams (do you make the most money coaching other relationship experts versus online courses or book sales)?
AL: Most of the money in my business is made from coaching single people on how to meet and attract others.
- Do you have any advice for entrepreneurs interested in becoming a dating coach?
AL: I think you should focus locally. There is now a lot of dating services and coaching providers around the world, all looking to be international. But local people actually prefer local information, especially during COVID. People want to know what’s open around them, which location that’s local to them might be great for a first date. Therefore, I would focus locally.