6 Ways To Control Internet Addiction In Young PeopleAlthough the internet can jeopardize the well-being of teenagers, not everything is negative. The new technologies are, unavoidably, a reality that parents and educators have to deal with. Technological development determines this. Technologies represent an added value in the education of children and young people. There are numerous advantages to integrating them in the pedagogical and educational process. However, it is essential to alert students to the risks that addiction to the internet and other technological tools can have in their lives. Many parents have struggled with how their children deal with the web. Depending on the degree of addiction, daily routines are absorbed by gadgets with access to the network. Thinking of them, we created this article with 6 tips for responsible use of the internet by teenagers.
1. Define Usage RulesOne way to prevent or reduce internet addiction is to define rules for using the computer or other equipment. It is essential to talk with your child in order to reach a consensus on the use of the network, both at home and abroad. Access to the web is difficult to control on a daily basis. People try everything to get more likes on Instagram and Facebook-like social media sites. Thus, you can take advantage of some mechanisms that Internet operators make available to customers. One option is to schedule network access times through the home router. Another is to limit the data packages available on your child’s mobile phone card. In any case, setting limits is essential!
2. Set An ExampleIt is not enough to require your child to abide by the rules it stipulates to counter internet addiction. Especially at home, you should set an example and avoid using technologies too much. Even if you are dealing with professional matters, this is as valid an argument as the one that teenagers can use. In practice, it represents a dependency on the web and working life, which can jeopardize healthy family life. Furthermore, it is contradictory in relation to what is required of the adolescent.
3. Talk About The Risks Of Internet AbuseTalking to your kids about the risks of the internet is very positive. They should be aware of the dangers they face, particularly on social media. It can, for example, address current issues, in the wake of news or debates about the problems caused by Internet addiction. Also take the opportunity to give young people some tips on safe web browsing, keyword protection, care in sharing content, among other subjects.
4. Don’t Ban The Internet, But Be AwareThe internet is, as we know, an indispensable tool today. Prohibiting its use is not the right way to go. Somehow, teenagers will be able to access the network. So, accept reality and try to promote its use in a sensible and balanced way. The conversation can help you understand what your child does online. Keep an eye on the use of social networks and be sure to question unclear aspects.
5. Encourage Outdoor ActivitiesOne of the strategies to combat internet addiction is to provide teenagers with outdoor activities. Sometimes it is safer for parents to have their children close at hand, even when clinging to gadgets. However, this may be the context in which they are most at risk. Allow the teenager to spend his time with other stimulating activities. Sports, the arts or simply family life are practices that can prevent excessive use of the internet.
6. Seek Professional HelpThe help of a specialist is always beneficial in these cases. It is essential to look for it when you feel that internet addiction causes dependence on the adolescent, which depresses the impossibility of accessing the network. This is already an extreme situation with consequences for the young person’s well-being. Usually, it is in the area of Psychology and/or Psychiatry that you can find decisive support. The appearance of pathologies associated with this addiction can jeopardize the adolescent’s psychosocial development.
Navy Veteran Davis Chris Takes the Music Industry by storm
In life, you need to break down anything that might be holding you back and change course if need be...
5 Disruptive Leaders Paving the Way in 2021
Where there is uncertainty, lies a whirlwind of opportunity. 2020 was the year that had entrepreneurs learn a great deal...
Brock Pierce Wants To Disrupt The Two Party System And Be Your Next President
We don’t usually cover politics much here at Disrupt, but when Crypto billionaire and friend of the show, Brock Pierce...
John Mcafee – Predictions For The Future
John McAfee is a world-famous tech CEO, computer scientist, civil disobedience activist, privacy advocate, and pioneer of the commercial anti-virus...
Gaby Wall Street – Teaching Latinas to Thrive During The Crisis
It’s no secret we are facing one of the most challenging financial times of the last few decades as we...
Tony Delgado – The #1 Entrepreneurship Movement In Puerto Rico
Puerto Rican online market is in constant progress. With many entrepreneurs who are coming here to start a business, it...
Elena Cardone – The 10X Ladies Conference Is Declaring 2020 The Decade For Women
The next ten years are meant for women to continue growing their potential and succeeding in multiple areas, including business....
How Josh Elizetxe Built Snow Into a $40 Million Dollar Business
There is nothing quite like an entrepreneur’s determination when starting a business. That’s my original quote by the way (pun...
How Jason Capital Became A Self Made Millionaire By 24
Have you ever wanted to earn the respect of everyone who ever looked down on you at some point in...
Sam Bakhtiar On His Way To A Quarter Billion
Dr. Saman Bakhtiar, who prefers being referred as Sam, lives in an 8200 square foot $5.2 million house, Sam is...
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
Hip Artist couple gets married on Aspen mountain and camps with the Mountain lions afterwards where the continents divide!
Entrepreneurship2 days ago
Liz Ashley – A Wonderful Businesswoman Inspires to Enhance the Natural Beauty of the Human Being
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
Exclusive Interview of Simon Elliot, Managing Partner of 4xi Global Consulting & Solutions
Entrepreneurship7 days ago
Jesse Mauck, Leveraging Credit To Exponentially Grow Your Business
Press Release4 days ago
Roseon Finance Partners with Social Betting Platform Bettery
Executive Voice1 week ago
GiftyOware-Aboagye is a Daring Female Entrepreneur Disrupting and Shaking Industry Tables in Ghana
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
Apurva Muthe, journey of an ordinary one to extraordinary one.
Diversity in Tech1 week ago
Mixed Reality Applications in Industry 4.0