It can be difficult to get a credit card, especially if you have less-than-stellar scores. If you have difficulty getting a credit card, there are things that you can try to improve your odds. These things aren’t too hard for you to do and you many end up with a new card. You can also improve your score by trying some of these suggestions.
There are many ways that you can get a card, but you must first apply. There are reasons that you should get one and you can look here to see some of them kredittkortinfo.no/hvorfor-skaffe-kredittkort/, there are some good ideas for you. If you read that article, you will be able to see why a card is important for you. They have lots of good reasons that you could use a credit card.
This article will share with you some ideas about how to qualify for a card if you are having difficulty getting one. After you have decided that one will be useful for you and your daily life, you will want to get one without difficulty. This article will allow you to find out how to get the perfect card for your scores. It will also allow you to improve your scores by paying your bills on time each month.
Ways to Get Approved
- Don’t Apply for Too Many at Once – If you apply for too many at once, you will get several hits to your credit report all at the same time. This doesn’t look good, and your score will go down. You will want to do your research and find just the right card for you before you apply. You want to be sure that you have at least six months in between times that you apply for a new one. If you want more than one, that’s okay, you just must wait six months in between times. By waiting that long, you won’t get a ding on your report.
- Know Your Report – You can check your report for free once every year. You can check here to see information about your annual report: https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/free-credit-reports. This information will tell you how to get your free report. You need to check this report to see if there are any mistakes on it or if there are debts that you need to pay off. If you have debts, it is best if you contact those creditors to see if you can make a deal to get them paid off as quickly as you can. You also need to see what your score is so that you know where you are starting. This is important for you if you are wanting to get a card.
- Apply for Cards That Fit Your Score – You want to check out several cards at first and research to see what credit scores they require. If you have a credit score in the 600’s, you don’t want to apply for one that needs you to have a score in the 700’s. You want to have a card that matches your score so that you get the best interest rates that you can get. The better that you match the card with your score, the better chances that you have to be approved, as well. Once you get the card that you want, make sure that you make your monthly payments on time so that you can improve your score.
- Pay Your Bills on Time – You want to make sure that you pay all your bills on time and in full. This will appear on your credit report and will help you to get a better card. This includes all your bills including student loans, your mortgage or rent, and your utilities. You can set up automatic payments to make sure that your bills get paid on time. You will need to set them up to pay at least the minimum due on all bills, and if you can afford it, add a little more to get them paid off sooner. This will help your score go up sooner than if you just make minimum payments.
- Watch Your Utilization – Your lender will look at how you use your credit, as well as your payment history. They will see how much you use compared to how much you have. They like to see your credit utilization to be at about 30%, which means if you have a limit of $1000, they don’t want you to use more than $300 each month. By doing this, you can quickly increase your score.
- Create a Diverse Range – You will want a diverse range of credit – you don’t want to have all credit cards and nothing else. You want a credit card, a personal loan, a mortgage, and some other different forms. You also want to pay all forms of your credit off in a timely manner so that your scores can increase. If you fail to make a few payments, your score will go down quickly.
- Secured Cards – You may want to consider a secured card to begin with. These types will help you to build your credit. You will pay an amount of money to your card and then that will be your credit limit. For example, if you pay $500 on your secured card, your limit on that card will be $500. If you pay this bill on time each month, after about six months you will get more opportunities to get an unsecured card. This will also help to grow your credit score while you are paying on time each month.
- Find a Cosigner – A cosigner will allow you to get a card sooner than if you did it on your own. You want your cosigner to have better scores than you and for them to be reliable. You also need to let them know that they will be responsible for your bill if you don’t pay it on time. A cosigner will help you to improve your score if you do pay your bill on time. After about six months, you can reapply on your own and you should be able to get it if you have made your payments on time.
- Build Credit Early – You want to start building your scores while you are young. You can do this by getting a student card to begin with and then make payments on time each month. You can also get personal loans that you can pay each month and pay off on time. You need to remember that you need to utilize your credit responsibly and only use up to 30% of what it available to you.
- Apply at Your Bank or Credit Union – If you already have a bank account or an account at a credit union, try getting a card from them first. You have hopefully already built up a relationship with them and have paid your bills with them on time. It also helps if you haven’t gone overdrawn on your accounts and if you have saved some money in a savings account. If you have a loan with them and have paid it off on time, this will also give you a better chance.
Sometimes you might have difficulty getting your first credit card. There are many ways that you can get started on this. If you have any bills, make sure that you pay them each money until they are paid in full. If you are renting a home, make sure that you aren’t late on your rent payments and that your utilities are paid on time each month. This will all help you to build your credit score and allow you to get approved easier. It will also help you to get any credit easier and you can improve your score even more by paying it off each month.
You can follow the suggestions that are listed above to help you to improve your chances of getting a low interest credit card. You can start by getting a secured card or by getting a student card while you are in college. These cards may have higher interest rates, but they will allow you to get started and to build your score. There are also other ways to get approved faster and you can research those ways.