How to Choose the Best Humidifier For Baby?
Choosing a humidifier for your home is easy if you know what you need. Here are the main things you need to consider before buying a humidifier. Click here https://babyvenue.com/best-humidifier-for-baby-reviews to read more.
- Types of humidifier – Evaporative humidifier, cool mist humidifier, warm mist humidifier, or ultrasonic humidifier.
- Room size – Know the size of the area that you want to humidify so that you know what capacity your humidifier should be.
- Features of the humidifier – Such as noise level, control settings, ease of handling and maintenance, safety features, filters, and warranty.
Do I Need a Humidifier?
How do you know you need a humidifier for your home? Dry air can cause many problems for your health and comfort at home.
During cold spells in the winter, the air is especially dry as the cold air seeps in from outside. When it’s seriously freezing, lips start to crack and skin gets flaky. Those who know the pain of winter itch, allergies, and continuous flu, know that this is the time when a humidifier is your best mate.
You can check the humidity level of your rooms with a hygrometer, an inexpensive and easy-to-find device. If the humidity level is below 50%, then it is advisable to get a humidifier. Any level below 30% is unacceptable.
Reasons to Get a Humidifier
There are many reasons to get a humidifier. Most people buy one to retain moisture in the cold, dry winter, while some want to improve health conditions. If the humidity in your house is too low, you and those living in the same space will enjoy a more comfortable living with the help of a humidifier. Here are some reasons why you should list humidifier in your list of household appliance purchase:
1. Good health should not be compromised. The air that you breathe in daily is contaminated with dust and other unseen elements. When your breathing passage is dry, the dust and bacteria will stick to the walls of your respiratory tubes and trigger allergies and even asthma attacks. Humidifying the air will help moisten your windpipe and “wash away” germs.
2. During winter, the air is very dry. Dry air reduces oxygen intake, leaving you lethargic. Adding a humidifier instantly adds moisture to the environment you’re in and keeps the area comfortable.
3. Increasing moisture in an area helps a person to relieve a variety of ailments such as dry skin, itchy eyes, cracked lips, respiratory problems, colds, and coughs.
4. Adding vaporizer to the water reservoir is especially useful for elderly people and kids with breathing problems.
5. A relief to pets. Pets may also suffer from similar health symptoms.
6. In extreme cases, expensive furniture and certain musical instruments may run “dry”. Furniture may appear lackluster while musical instruments go out of tune. They will require higher maintenance, which translates to higher costs.
7. There is an increase in static charge in a dry area. This charge proves to be uncomfortable when you come into contact with another person or object.
There is a variety of humidifiers for you to choose from. Whether cool, warm or ultrasonic, you can find a humidifier that suits your needs best.
The most important point to bear in mind is to regularly clean your humidifier. Make it a point to empty stale water and consistently disinfect the water reservoir and evaporative pad. Allowing bacteria spores to breed is worse than not having a humidifier – you would not want to jeopardize your health and those of your loved ones with contaminated air.
More About Humidifiers
Personally I think shopping for a humidifier is rather fun; that’s why I keep on checking out various models even when I’ve got a few humidifiers in my house. I like to read articles about humidifiers too, and I’ve written some of my own including humidifier reviews!
Here are some topics you might like to read before or after buying a humidifier. So happy researching and I hope you buy the best humidifier for your home!