Mikál Smith, famously known as Money Im Countin (M.I.C), is a music artist hailing straight out of the Bronx, New York.
So, we had the chance to talk with rapper Money Im Countin, who recently released his single titled “Down on My Knees” which has received widespread coverage all over the internet when one of his posts only sharing 7 seconds of his new song went viral.
1. Can you tell us a story about what brought you to this specific career path?
I never thought of myself as a rapper I just got into it because of my friends doing it. We were just playing around when I found out I had talent.
2. Can you share the most interesting story that happened to you since you started this career?
When I was on tour in London with High Bridge the label everyone was just chilling at the hotel. I was asked to play some music and A boogie gave me some career changing advice“You got one here! But when you think you got one you have to make another one and then make another one”.
3. Can you share a story about the funniest mistake you made when you were first starting? Can you tell us what lesson you learned from that?
Performing a new song and forgetting the lyrics. Lesson learned from that was I have to always prepare myself and practice.
4. What are some of the most interesting or exciting projects you are working on now?
COD2 my first project I didn’t have any features so now I’m trying to do something different.
5. Who are some of the most interesting people you have interacted with? What was that like? Do you have any stories?
When I met Amadeus and his reaction to him spitting out his gum when I played
Down On My Knees.
6. Which tips would you recommend to your colleagues in your industry to help them to thrive and not “burn out”?
Set goals others may think are impossible, make a schedule/get organized, be selective about building your team remember they represent you and your brand.
7. You have been blessed with success in a career path that can be challenging. Do you have any words of advice for others who may want to embark on this career path, but seem daunted by the prospect of failure?
Don’t have one foot in and one foot out. Can’t play it safe and worry about what others may think so you don’t encounter failure. Failing leads to growth and success.
8. Can you share with our readers any self-care routines, practices or treatments that you do to help your body, mind or heart to thrive? Kindly share a story or an example for each.
Nothing special I just get my mind right by setting a mood and aura based on the beat that grabs my attention to create.
- What are your “5 things I wish someone told me when I first started” and why. Please share a story or example for each.
- You’re going to fail hard ALOT
- This is not easy
- It’s a dirty game
- Friends and family will diminish as you chase your dreams
- You can’t take everyone with you
10. Can you please give us your favorite “Life Lesson Quote”? Can you share how that was relevant to you in your life?
Amadeus told me “ don’t give the people what they want, give them what you want!”
11. None of us are able to achieve success without some help along the way. Is there a particular person who you are grateful towards who helped get you to where you are? Can you share a story about that?
My brother for his guidance and determination to make me better once he seen I’m taking this music career serious.
12. You are a person of enormous influence. If you could start a movement that would bring the most amount of good to the most amount of people, what would that be? You never know what your idea can trigger. 🙂
M.I.C nonprofit programs (Mentor Influence Children) builds up communities and create jobs.
13. We are very blessed that some of the biggest names in Business, VC funding, Sports, and Entertainment read this column. Is there a person in the world, or in the US whom you would love to have a private breakfast or lunch with, and why? He or she might see this. 🙂
Barak Obama, I want to get his insight on his time in the office and his advice on being a black man in this climate. Maybe I can get him to do an intro for me on my next project lol.
14 How can our readers follow you online?
Follow on Instagram – @MoneyImCountin
Follow on Twitter: @MoneyImCountin
Navy Veteran Davis Chris Takes the Music Industry by storm
In life, you need to break down anything that might be holding you back and change course if need be...
5 Disruptive Leaders Paving the Way in 2021
Where there is uncertainty, lies a whirlwind of opportunity. 2020 was the year that had entrepreneurs learn a great deal...
Brock Pierce Wants To Disrupt The Two Party System And Be Your Next President
We don’t usually cover politics much here at Disrupt, but when Crypto billionaire and friend of the show, Brock Pierce...
John Mcafee – Predictions For The Future
John McAfee is a world-famous tech CEO, computer scientist, civil disobedience activist, privacy advocate, and pioneer of the commercial anti-virus...
Gaby Wall Street – Teaching Latinas to Thrive During The Crisis
It’s no secret we are facing one of the most challenging financial times of the last few decades as we...
Tony Delgado – The #1 Entrepreneurship Movement In Puerto Rico
Puerto Rican online market is in constant progress. With many entrepreneurs who are coming here to start a business, it...
Elena Cardone – The 10X Ladies Conference Is Declaring 2020 The Decade For Women
The next ten years are meant for women to continue growing their potential and succeeding in multiple areas, including business....
How Josh Elizetxe Built Snow Into a $40 Million Dollar Business
There is nothing quite like an entrepreneur’s determination when starting a business. That’s my original quote by the way (pun...
How Jason Capital Became A Self Made Millionaire By 24
Have you ever wanted to earn the respect of everyone who ever looked down on you at some point in...
Sam Bakhtiar On His Way To A Quarter Billion
Dr. Saman Bakhtiar, who prefers being referred as Sam, lives in an 8200 square foot $5.2 million house, Sam is...
Entrepreneurship2 weeks ago
Meet Ross Lee, CEO and Music Industry Disruptor
News2 weeks ago
Tony Lit is on the lead bombing every social media platform covering all the corners of the globe.
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
Lashiivo: The Lash Company Taking the Industry by Storm
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
How SafeTrip Token can help to cut costs in Financial Management?
Executive Voice1 week ago
PHOENIX MELVILLE – DOCUMENTARY DEMOCRACY
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
Hwood Group’s Poppy Nightclub hosts Ryan Chapell’s Anoma Artists for first House Music event in LA
Executive Voice6 days ago
How Feminine Leadership Mentor Gordana Jakopcevic Leans Into Her Sexuality
Entertainment1 week ago
Why Earl Chang, AKA Change, Believes That It’s Important To Grow As An Artist