Have you ever had your house pressure washed, looked at the cleaning crew, and said to yourself, ”I can do that!’”. Pressure washing is a job you might enjoy, however difficult it may become.
And not only can pressure washing be a lucrative business, but it can also, according to studies, help reduce stress and anxiety, improve your mood, and reduce psychological difficulties.
However, being good for your mental health is not the quality that attracts most people when it comes to pressure washing.
It’s the flexibility of the job that’s making it so appealing because you can start a pressure washing business full-time but also as a side job, depending on how much time you can afford.
If you are thinking about starting a pressure washing business in Huston, here are the things you need to know first:
What Is Pressure Washing Exactly?
Pressure washing is when you clean surfaces by using pressurized water. You’ll be using a machine called a pressure washer that can produce a water jet with anywhere from 500 psi (pound per square inch) to 7,000 psi, depending on whether you’re handling a consumer, semi-pro, or a professional machine.
The best thing is, with a good pressure washer and the proper technique, you can quickly clean surfaces like decks and patios, walls, sidings, fences, driveways, and sidewalks.
Who Are Pressure Washing Customers?
The people who need pressure washing services can be homeowners wanting to clean their house or a company wanting their parking lot, and office building cleaned.
If you start a pressure washing company in Huston, your clients may also be municipalities, car dealerships, and let’s not forget, real estate agencies.
Real estate agencies can bring a lot of money to a pressure washing company. If you strike a deal with a good real estate agency, you’ll have little to no time to rest, but you’ll also earn a lot. It’s because real estate agencies regularly hire pressure washing services to make the house, they’re selling look five times better.
Equipment You Need for a Pressure Washing Business
The bigger your budget is, the better your pressure washer will be, and it’s essential to have a good, reliable, and durable machine when starting.
Another important thing to obtain is a truck or pressure washing tank. If you don’t have a tank, you’ll have to use the customers’ water supply, and many of your clients won’t like it. However, you can spin this to your advantage and just charge more for those customers who want you to supply your own water.
You’ll find soon enough that, suddenly, your clients will be more amenable to you using their water supply. Either way, it’s a win-win situation for you.
The more money you can invest in your new pressure washing business, the better the equipment you’ll be able to afford. Here are the most important things you need to know if you want to have a professional pressure washing kit:
- Professional Pressure Washer: You’ll find a great professional pressure washer for around $2,000 at Home Depot or Lowe’s, and it will help you do more earn more while being easy on your body.
- Pressure Washing Tank: Buying a pressure washing tank is only an option if you already have a truck, you can put the tank in. A 26-gallon tank usually goes about $250 online, meaning tanks are affordable.
- Pressure Washing Trailer: Now, if you want to go ”all-in” and never worry about water supply or your truck or tank again, for about $2,500, you can get a pressure washing trailer which makes transporting a water tank much more manageable.
Essential Documents for Pressure Washing Business in Huston
Now that you know why you should definitely start a pressure washing business and what kind of equipment you need for the job, we should talk about the administrative side of the pressure washing business.
- Do You Need a License for Pressure Washing in Huston, TX?
There’s no special license needed to start a pressure washing business other than a general Business License and complete a business name registration. Nothing else is required for you to start pressure washing today.
- How Much Will Insurance Cost for Pressure Washing Business?
According to Pressure Washing America LLC CEO, a top Houston pressure washing service provider General Liability Insurance for pressure washing business in Huston will cost you anywhere between $500-$1,500 per year. General Liability Insurance has $1 million in general liability coverage.
- Pressure Washing Water Discharge in Huston, TX
Please note that ”the discharge of any wash water from mobile power washers, directly or via a storm sewer, to surface water in the state is not authorized under any stormwater permit, either industrial or municipal, and is a violation of the Texas Surface Water Quality Standard.” This means you should learn as much as you can about what can prevent discharge water from mixing with surface waters.
- Is it illegal to pressure wash driveways in Huston?
Yes. The clean water act gives the local authorities the power to regulate ”runoff water”, and the runoff water created by pressure washing driveways is considered polluted.
How Much Money Can I Earn with Pressure Washing?
How much you earn offering pressure washing services in Huston depends on a few factors:
- Is your pressure washing business a full-time job or a side job?
- How good are you at marketing?
- Is there any major competition in your area?
- How much effort you’ll put into every pressure washing project?
- How much are you willing to invest in pressure washing equipment?
On average, you can expect to earn anywhere from $30,000 to $60,000 per year in a pressure washing business.