Traveling the world can be filled with joys and moments of bliss but on occasion it may become interrupted by accidents or injuries that occur while on the road whether minor or major. There are more than 4.8 digital nomads and expats around the world but according to Aetna, only 56 percent of expats have a private health insurance plan.
This can be a harrowing revelation as the busy lifestyle that is typical of this population may increase chances of injury or medical assistance needs.
List of exceptional insurance health plans for digital nomads or expats.
1. Insured Nomads
Insured Nomads founded by Andrew Jernigan provides the most robust solutions for protecting health, financial stability, personal safety, and security. They have developed the first insurtech (insurance with advanced tech-enabled features) for remote workers, digital nomads, expats, and global employees.
Travel Insurance: Short term medical plans for trips give you the coverage you need every time. COVID-19 is covered up to $100,000 for medical expenses.
Health Insurance: For the Expat or location independent, this international plan benefits also covers COVID-19.
- Long Term Policies Available
- World Class Customer Service Ratings
- Policies Easy To Understand and Navigate
- Simply, and Fast Onboarding Process
- Pandemic Coverage
- $1,000,000 For Medical Bills With Zero Deductibles
- Higher pricing for older people
2. World Nomads
World Nomads is another company that provides simple & flexible trip insurance for international travel. Customers can buy & claim online from anywhere in the world.
Trip Protection: Protects your hard earned vacation from unexpected cancellation before you leave home.
Emergency Overseas Medical Insurance: Takes the pain out of medical costs while traveling overseas.
Emergency Medical Transportation: This policy promises to get you to hospital quickly in case of emergency.
Protect Your Gear: Covers your stolen or damaged gear and tech.
- 180 Days of Coverage Plus Indefinite Extensions.
- Claims Handled Online Quickly
- Great Price For Coverage
- Great For Adventure Travel
- Trusted By Major Travel Providers
- Claims Are Handled Quickly
- Cost Not Consistent And Can Be Hard To Understand
- Home Health Insurance Required Before Their Policy Can Be Added
- Low Chance of Motorbike Coverage
- One Trip Home Policy
3. Safety Wing
Safety wing is building a safety net for digital nomads and remote workers. Their products are built and designed by a fully remote team of nomads distributed across three continents.
Nomad Insurance: A travel and medical incident insurance built specifically for digital nomads. It can be purchased while already abroad, covers home trip visits and operates like a monthly subscription.
Remote Health insurance: A fully fledged health insurance for remote teams and entrepreneurs. It gives global companies a truly flexible solution that no other insurance company offers.
Remote Doctor: An upcoming benefit where customers can see a doctor from anywhere around the world, no matter where you are. You get premium medical care from the comfort and privacy of your own home (at a much lower rate).
- Permanent Residency Not Needed
- Great For 39 And Under
- Covers Non-medical Evacuation, Interruption, and Cancellation of Trip Coverage and Baggage Claims.
- You can pay monthly, rather than all upfront.
- When you visit your home country for up to 30 days, you are still covered, unless you are a U.S. citizen.
- You can choose private doctors and hospitals.
- High Risk Activities Not Covered (mountain climbing at high elevations scuba diving, ice hockey)
- Coverage Maxes $250,000.
- Motorbikes/Scooter License Required