Attention all CCIE hopefuls and networking enthusiasts! Are you ready to take your skills to the next level and earn one of the most respected certifications in the industry? Well, you’re in luck because Cisco has recently introduced a brand new format for the ccie lab exam. But what exactly does this mean for aspiring candidates like yourself? In this blog post, we’ll dive into everything you need to know about the updated CCIE lab exam format so that you can come out on top and achieve your networking goals. So buckle up and get ready to explore this exciting new chapter in your career journey!
The new CCIE lab exam format
The new CCIE lab exam format is an eight-hour, hands-on exam that tests a candidate’s ability to configure, troubleshoot and manage Cisco networking devices. The exam is divided into three sections:
– The first section tests a candidate’s knowledge of network fundamentals and their ability to configure basic networking devices.
– The second section tests a candidate’s ability to troubleshoot common network problems.
– The third section tests a candidate’s ability to manage Cisco networking devices.
What’s changed with the new format?
CCIE is changing the lab exam format from two 8-hour labs to a single 16-hour lab. The new format is designed to better reflect the real-world environment in which network engineers work.
The new format will have four sections:
Each section will have a time limit of 4 hours. Within each section, candidates will be given a list of tasks to complete. Candidates will need to show they can identify and solve problems in order to complete the tasks within the allotted time.
The new format is designed to test a candidate’s ability to think critically and troubleshoot complex problems. It will also allow candidates more time to work on each task, so they can demonstrate their skills more thoroughly.
How to prepare for the new exam format
The new CCIE lab exam format consists of two parts: the core questions and the configuration questions. The core questions will test your knowledge of networking concepts and the configuration questions will test your ability to configure a network. Here are some tips to help you prepare for the new exam format:
1. Review the CCIE lab exam blueprint. The blueprint details the topics that will be covered on the exam. Make sure you are familiar with all of the topics listed on the blueprint.
2. Study, study, study! There is no substitute for hard work when it comes to preparing for an exam. Be sure to review all of your notes and practice configuring networks as much as possible before taking the exam.
3. Understand the new question types. The core questions on the new CCIE lab exam will be multiple choice and fill-in-the-blank questions. The configuration questions will require you to configure a network based on a given scenario. Make sure you understand both types of questions before taking the exam.
4. Practice, practice, practice! In addition to studying, it is important to get hands-on experience with configuring networks. Use practice exams to familiarize yourself with the new question types and to get comfortable with configuring networks under pressure.
5. Relax and do your best! Remember that you have prepared extensively for this exam and that you can do it! Relax and take your time answering each question carefully.
Tips for success on the new CCIE lab exam
There are a few things you can do to help ensure success on the new CCIE lab exam. First, make sure you understand the new format and what is expected of you. Review the exam guide and any other available resources so that you know what to expect. Second, familiarize yourself with the new platform and tools that will be used on the exam. Spend some time practicing with them so that you are comfortable using them on test day. Third, create a study plan and stick to it. Make sure you give yourself enough time to cover all of the material and get plenty of practice before taking the exam. Finally, relax and don’t let the pressure of the exam get to you. Remember that you have prepared well and just do your best.
The new CCIE lab exam format is a huge step forward for professionals looking to become Cisco certified. It offers more realistic challenges that test the skills of aspiring network engineers and helps them gain the knowledge and experience necessary to be successful in their future careers. With these new changes, it’s clear that Cisco is dedicated to improving the quality of its certifications and providing better opportunities for job seekers looking to enter the IT field and useful cisco content.