What is your user-centric DNA?
An organization’s DNA is the fundamental and unique traits or qualities that determine its identity and ability to execute its strategy. As more and more products are emerging in the market, the competition is also increasing. So, many companies today strive to be user-centric.
But based on our experiences of helping companies with user engagement efforts, we believe real user-centric business is the one where organizational strategy, execution, and culture are focused on the user.
When it comes to excellent user experience, organizations must weave user-centered thinking and doing culture, which we call user-centric DNA. For today’s organizations, becoming more user-centric isn’t just a feel-good mantra; it’s a core business requirement.
In this blog, we will cover five DNA components of the user-centric business.
- Strategic alignment
- User insights
- Employee engagement
- User-centered metrics
- Real-time feedback implementation
1. STRATEGIC ALIGNMENT: Embedding the user at the heart of your operations needs to start with the user-centric leader, who synchronizes the company’s vision, mission, values, objectives, structure, and policies with user goals. A user-centric leader recognizes the power of positive user experience to create an emotional connection with the user that generates loyalty. User-centric leaders channel the voice of their users.
2. USER INSIGHTS: All user-centric activities begin with knowing your user. User profile data allows organizations to gain insights into various user segments, preferences, demographics, and spending habits. This data is a critical component for understanding who your users are and what value they bring to your business. Analysis of user information into actionable insights will allow you to tailor your engagement and conversion strategies. To gain actionable insights, you can leverage upshot.ai segmentation and live rule engines, which will enable you to segment users based on the behaviors, demographics, and preferences.
3. EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT: Users expect to have a consistent experience regardless of channel or touchpoint they interact with, whether it is a website or an app or a retail outlet. Motivated and empowered staff will go the extra mile to ensure that users are satisfied or not. Companies with excellent user experiences clearly define what employees need to do to improve the user experience. They provide them with the right data to address customer issues and give employees the power to resolve user issues on the spot. Upshot.ai gamification features, you can motivate employees by rewarding them with badges and points to increase employee engagement.
4. USER-CENTERED METRICS: Right user-centric metrics are essential to know if you’ve succeeded or not. Metrics should be aligned with the user lifecycle and critical touchpoints. Many organizations use PULSE metrics to track the overall performance of the product (website or app). PULSEstands for Pageviews, Uptime, Latency, Seven-day active users (i.e., the number of unique users who used the website or app at least once in the week) and Earnings. This metric is a low-level and direct approach to measure performance.
Be user-centric at ‘HEART’-a complementary metrics framework to measure your user experience. HEART stands for Happiness, Engagement, Adoption, Retention, and Task Success.
Happiness relates to subjective attitudinal aspects of user experience like visual appeal, likelihood to recommend, and ease of use. With well-designed surveys, it is possible to track the user’s happiness at a scale.
Engagement measures the level of user engagement with your website or an app. It focuses on specific pages and sections that are critical for the value perception of the user.
Adoption focuses on the number of new users discovering the product and decides to become active.
Retention measures the number of users coming back to your website or app and use it over a while.
Task Success tracks the optimal path of the user journey, and measuring the drop-offs at each level will make it possible to track the user behavior within the app and assign tasks based on the benchmarks of task completion by the users.
5. Real-time feedback implementation: Leading-edge user-focused organizations have gone to great extents to define a user feedback strategy that enables them to identify and prioritize user feedback from all digital touchpoints within hours. This allows them to make operational changes in near real-time. Upshot.ai provides a fantastic feature that will enable you to capture feedback from users on their preferred channel.
In order to drive user-centricity in an organization, commitment and collaboration actions are required across the entire enterprise. The continued evolution of user expectations and behaviors towards all touchpoints is only going to accelerate as the world becomes more collaborative and technology-enabled. Therefore, organizations must always put themselves in the shoes of their users when designing and delivering interactions to ensure that they minimize user effort and maximize user value. Upshot.ai is an omnichannel user engagement platform, which allows you to harness the power of user-centric DNA. Get in touch with us today to become a user-centric business.
If you want to know more how you can make your business more user-centric, please reach out to us at email@example.com or visit www.upshot.ai