Entrepreneurship is a challenging and rewarding way to live. It can be easy to get overwhelmed with the amount of work that needs to be done, but it’s important not to lose sight of why you started your business in the first place. In order to keep going when times are tough, there are some words from other entrepreneurs that will inspire you and help keep your motivation high!
In this blog post, we have collected 21 quotes from successful entrepreneurs who share their wisdom about what it takes to succeed as an entrepreneur.
- “Create the highest, grandest vision possible of your life, because you become what you believe.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “If you don’t take a risk, you can’t create a future.” – Tony Robbins
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryun
- “So wear your strongest posture and see your hardest times as more than just the times you fell, but a range of mountains you learned to climb.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
- “When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.” – Satchel Paige
- “Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait for too long, you miss them.” – William Arthur Ward
- Never lower your target; increase your effort.” –Swami Vivekananda
- “If you’re competitor-focused, you have to wait until there is a competitor doing something. Being customer-focused allows you to be more proactive.” – Jeff Bezos
- “Life-fulfilling work is never about the money, when you feel true passion for something, you instinctively find ways to nurture it.” – Eileen Fisher
- “As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, think big.” – Donald Trump
- “You can do anything, but not everything. So don’t spread yourself too thin and try to become the world’s best at something nobody cares about.” -Seth Godin
- “If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person’s point of view and see things from that person’s angle as well as your own.” – Henry Ford
- “Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes playing a poor hand well.” –Jack London
- “Remember to celebrate milestones as you prepare for the road ahead.” –Nelson Mandela
- “Waiting for perfect is never as smart as making progress.” –Seth Godin
- “Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.” -Peter Drucker
- “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.” – Steve Jobs
- “Wisdom is always an overmatch for strength.” -Phil Jackson
- “Never allow someone or something get in your way of doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Keep pushing on; businesses don’t fail, people quit too soon and without enough reason why they want it bad enough.” Unknown
- “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” –Audrey Hepburn
Thanks for reading. So as you can see, there are many great quotes out there from entrepreneurs who have been through the highs and lows of running a business. When you feel down or discouraged, take a minute to read some of these quotes and remember why you started your business in the first place! And always keep in mind that success is never easy, but it’s definitely worth fighting for.
We hope that these quotes will help you stay focused on your goals and keep you moving forward in your entrepreneurial journey! We would love to hear which one is your favorite, so please make sure to share them in the comments below.
John Lawson is one of the most trusted and experienced eCommerce professionals in the industry. John is the founder of The Ecommerce Group, which he started in 2011 to share his knowledge with other entrepreneurs in the industry. It’s the oldest eCommerce group on Facebook with over 8,500 members from around the world!
John speaks at conferences all around the world, including Retail Global, South by Southwest, Etail, Digital Summit, Hubspot Inbound, Ad-Tech and more. He also writes for several international publications such as Power Retail, Small Business Trends and Disrupt Magazine.