Fairien Azeem and The Money Coaching Academyhave one goal in mind: to make sure everyone has a money coach as they would a personal trainer or lifestyle coach. They believe that we all have certain blockages or behavioral inhibitions that keep us from taking financial leaps that are best for us, and that money coaches can help break through these barriers and give you that peace of mind to make bold decisions. This is what The Money Coaching Academytrains its students to identify, and what Fairien Azeem has specialized in for years.
So what tips and advice can a money coach offer you? Fairien Azeem has a few pivotal bits of knowledge that can help any reader, which can give them a hint of what money coaches offer.
1. Your present money story doesn’t have to be your future money story. Everyone’s life is a narrative, in a way. There is a journey that has led you to where you are today, and this journey also influences your mindset going into the future. Azeem warns you not to let it. Even if your finances are positive at the moment, you should go forward knowing that they can always be better and that it is never too late to improve your monetary situation in life. This situation is not fixed, and though you may need to rewire the way you think in order to change it, this transformationis more than possible.
2. Acknowledge what your blocks, fears, and limiting beliefs are. Our subconscious minds often get in the way of what we can accomplish. Whether it be a moment from your childhood that affects your outlook now or something you saw recently that makes you apprehensive towards something you once had ambitions towards, these subconscious blocks hold us back. Fairien Azeem implores that the best way to overcome these blocks is to acknowledge them, and why they are keeping you from your full potential. Shine a light on your fears, and you will be able to conquer them.
3. Acknowledge your financial position. Many of us are scared to admit to ourselves when we are in a rut or struggling to make ends meet. Acknowledging and being comfortable with your present shortcomings is pivotal in changing them moving forward. When you do this, you figure out exactly what to work on, and what your first step towards wellbeing may be.
4. Set financial goals so you know what you’re working towards. After identifying your fears and your financial position, you are ready to set up the runway for your success. Short-term goals are a fantastic way of actualizing long-term ambitions. You need a road in order to arrive at your destination, and having checkpoints gives you small accomplishments to look forward to along your journey to bettering yourself. This can apply to all aspects of life, not just finance.
5. Taking action steps is more important than manifestation. As Fairien Azeem puts it, “you cannot sit in the middle of the road and do a rain dance expecting money to fall.” Many people treat “manifestation,” or believing that something good will happen, as the only ticket to success. Take action steps; don’t wait for something to fall in your lap. Instead, work on action steps to achieve your short and long-term goals. Come up with plans that involve you in the driver’s seat, not somebody else or some mysterious force of nature.