In the last few years, the ranks of Internet content writers have been swollen by a myriad of people who want to try their writing talent, but not everyone succeeds. Newcomers both research topics and follow all the rules but still encounter difficulties with online essay writing. We have prepared for you working and effective tips for writing texts on the Internet.
Understanding the final goal of the article
This is where the work on the text begins. It will be possible to organize and build further actions with a clear idea of the end result. Success depends on understanding the type of article. They can be:
- SEO-texts are created to promote content, bring the site to the top of search engines, and show the company’s expertise in a particular topic. The peculiarity of writing such an article is the obligatory presence of keywords.
- Sales articles are a lot like SEO. Their structure is based on the AIDA model, and tasks are slightly different. The main requirement for writing an article here is to motivate the reader to the target action (buy, register, leave a review, etc.). Such texts should increase conversion rates.
- Informational texts are designed to highlight an issue, an event, describe a product on the site, etc. This can include all kinds of releases, news, texts to fill web pages.
- Rewrite. Although these articles are considered the easiest to write, the result should exactly answer the main goal — 100% preservation and transmission of the source essence.
Researching the target audience
When writing an article, the copywriter must understand for whom exactly the material is created. A precise representation of the target audience helps to choose the right style, manner of narration and use appropriate words. More experienced copywriters analyze the target audience with the help of special services. A novice author only needs to study the customer’s site.
Processing the material on the topic
Select only the most important information from the sources you find. Make sure that the data from different references do not contradict each other. It is better to write down vital parameters, so they will always be at hand, and you will not forget to mention them. Do not copy sentences or parts of text from other sites. Make your article unique by carefully processing the material.
Writing an article plan
If you are a beginner, it is difficult to imagine a ready-made material, which means that in order not to confuse the information, repeating the same thing over and over again, we advise you to make a detailed plan for writing an article.
Several universal requirements must be met:
- the plan must be logical and consistent;
- statements cannot be duplicated, and the information in them cannot be repeated.
Rules for writing articles
If you are a beginner author, choose only those topics that you know well. Do not try to devote one article to several different topics. Try to express your thoughts simply.
Paragraphs should be short, consisting of 600 characters maximum. Follow the rhythm of the text and alternate simple, short and long, complex sentences. Avoid using cliches such as “as everyone knows” or “in a nutshell.”
Split text by meaning and use subheadings for each section. When writing a how-to article, list all the steps one by one in the order in which you do them. If it is a selection article, the blocks of text can usually be placed in any order.
Editing the text
You should proofread it for mistakes before submitting your text. It is better to postpone editing. If you can, it’s better to leave the article for a day or a couple of hours. This break will help you proofread and edit your text with a fresh head, unshadowed by the process of creativity look.
You should always use dictionaries and reference books if you have the slightest doubt.
As you check your article, you should pay attention not only to mistakes. Perhaps, on the second reading, you will want to add more details or, vice versa, remove something. At this stage, you should once again evaluate the structure of the material — the breakdown into paragraphs, the presentation of listings in the form of lists, the coherence, and logical order.
A step-by-step work plan for the article
- First, you choose a topic, decide for whom you are going to write, and start collecting data.
- Come up with a title that will convey the benefits for the reader.
- Compile an approximate structure and outline,
- Create an attention-grabbing introduction in which you inspire the reader’s interest.
- Write the main body which offers solutions to the problems set in the introduction.
- Sum everything up in the conclusion section and prompt your readers for further action.
- In the final step, you check the article for errors, eliminate redundant information, and run the text through all the necessary services.