Cameron Howard is shaking up the e-commerce industry and teaching people how to build a six-figure e-commerce business using dropshipping and his unique strategy to get free traffic from Instagram, TikTok, and other social media platforms.
What’s most surprising about Cameron is that he is only 18 years old! At 16, he needed to make some cash. Like many high schoolers, he got a job at the local Starbucks handing out overpriced coffee. However, he soon discovered that this job wasn’t for him and started his first e-commerce business with just a couple hundred dollars.
He spent thousands of dollars on course for “gurus” but didn’t get any results. Frustrated, he decided to find his own path. It took 2 years of hard work, but he now has a six-figure e-commerce business that makes thousands of dollars in sales every day.
Cameron’s next passion is teaching high schoolers and college students how to create their own six-figure dropshipping stores without spending any money on ads. He started Straight Ecom to share his coaching program on how to make money with e-commerce even if you have no experience and only a hundred dollars to get started.
Here are his eight best tips.
- Reviews: Start with dropshipping products that already have positive reviews. This builds credibility and helps you sell more products to people who visit your store. Cameron recommends a tool called Loox Reviews for Shopify.
- Recover Abandoned Carts: Over 25% of sales are lost because customers have items in their cart and then leave your online store. Software that helps you recover these abandoned carts helps you boost sales you would have lost otherwise by sending emails or text messages to these customers. Cameron recommends a tool called Consistent Cart for Shopify.
- Hire a VA: A virtual assistant handles all of the customer service requests so you have more time to start more stores. More time means more money!
- Have a good relationship with your suppliers: your dropshipping suppliers are important to your success. Create a good relationship with them to get faster shipping times. A good relationship also allows you to negotiate better pricing, which means more profit for you.
- Start with one: Start with one online store and build it up to a few hundred dollars a day in sales. Once you have your first store completely automated you can create more stores to increase your sales.
- Product Research: Always start with product research. You should be looking for new products every day. Be aware of what’s trending right now to find hot items for your store.
- Offer an upsell: Always offer an upsell with each of your products. This will skyrocket your average order value. Zipify is an amazing app for Shopify that Cameron recommends to upsell your products.
- Spend more than $5 on Facebook Ads: For each ad set increase your budget over $5 this will give better results from Facebook because they favor people who spend more money on ads. This will help you work with the Facebook algorithm instead of against it.
Want to learn more? Cameron offers a coaching program through Straight Ecom where he walks you through his unique strategy step-by-step to help you build a six-figure dropshipping store.