The role of an HR professional or a talent management professional has increased multifold since the outbreak of the global pandemic.
Answering the Hows…
The amount of responsibility associated with the role of a human resource professional or even as a talent management professional has been huge in normal days. However, the coronavirus outbreak had ensured that this responsibility is taken to a new level.
While an HR/talent management professional is, to a great extent is responsible for the careers of the employees working in an organization, the global pandemic had enforced for the HR professionals to address employees’ other complexities as well like the anxieties resulting from the transition, and fears such as job security of the staff members.
Acting on the Hows…
While a major part of your responsibility as an HR or talent management professional would be to ensure the right candidate is recruited, the major question was – How to help employees in a crisis if you are not adept in handling those situations?
This is where certifications from reputed credentialing bodies would help you in your HR career. The certifications would help you stay updated with the industry’s current practices and you would see your HR career soaring in the sky.
Certifications – Why Should They Matter?
The field of human resources has been expanding at a steady pace. Gone are the days when human resource professionals’ role was to recruit or fill up the organization’s vacancies. However, there is more to an HR professional and for that matter even for a talent management professional and recruitment is a significant yet a small part of it.
Once the candidate is recruited, the responsibility is to take the new employee through the onboarding process and manage her training. In addition to all the old responsibilities of an HR professional, the current HR professional and a talent management professional plays an important role in strategic decision-making.
If this was not enough – the modern workplaces seek HR professionals who are adept in talent management skills.
Reason: Managing talent, engaging them, giving them constant feedback is not a child’s play and human resource professionals should know this best.
Certifications programs with their latest knowledge, real-time cases, and tools ensure that participants understand the scenario well enough and respond to it accordingly.
But with a wide range of certifications available in the market how to choose the certification that is best for you. Worry not, as we bring you some of the best HR and talent management certifications floating in the market. Pick and choose to get going with your HR career.
Best HR and Talent Management Certifications to Consider
Let’s have a look at the HR certifications from two of the most reputed credentialing bodies – HRCI (Human Resources Certification Institute) and SHRM (Society for Human Resources Management)
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) from HRCI: Feeling stagnant in your HR career? Then the SPHR certification program is ideal for you. The program has been designed for professionals in managerial roles and is based on US employment laws and regulations.
- SHRM- Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) from SHRM: Focusing on the advanced knowledge of HR strategy, the program has been designed for HR professionals who want to be seen as an HR lead. The program is also meant for professionals who specialize in performance metrics and key performance indicators.
While the above two are the most recognized certifications for human resource professionals, there are other certifications that ensure knowledge of talent management sub-parts – learning and development; talent acquisition. Certifications like –
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) from ATD: A significant part of talent management, the CPLP program ensures that human resource professionals become experts in Learning and Performance Management.
- Advanced Certified Internet Recruiter (ACIR) from AIRS: The program has been designed for HR and talent management professionals who want to ace the practice of internet recruitment and also source the passive candidates available in the market.
But if you want a certification in talent management then check out this certification from Talent Management Institute (TMI) –
- Global Talent Management Leader (GTML) from TMI: Let your career soar high with one of the world’s most prestigious qualification, GTML. The program has been designed to speed up the careers of talent management professionals and features the learning materials from two global knowledge leaders – the Wharton School, the University of Pennsylvania, and the Talent Management Institute.
These are some of the best HR and Talent Management certifications available in the market currently. Now all you have to do is to take your pick and see your HR career take an upward swing.