High-quality meeting software is in great demand in recent years. Of course, it was used before the pandemic. However, these new conditions required utilizing video conferencing software in all business areas, for educational purposes, and even in medicine.
Moreover, after some time, we realized the benefits of live online meetings. Their cost is cheaper, we can unite people from different points on the Earth simultaneously, and it can be done efficiently as well as with some fun elements. To achieve such results, it is important to choose a proper online conference app or platform. That is the topic of today’s discussion.
A Few Useful Hints for Your Choice
Through different platforms, you can organize lectures, meetings, seminars, presentations, or conferences as well as team-building events. The platform has to allow transition, receipt, and discussion of data in real-time mode. It is convenient when you can share documents or any other digital fragments with the audience. At last, you will probably need video recording and live polls for meetings.
Therefore, pay attention to the presented functionality and check it according to your needs. While making a choice, remember about the following disturbing alerts:
- Challenging download of the software or app;
- Absence of the support for clients;
- Technical problems with video or sounds;
- Complicated dashboard.
Any of these issues will definitely lead to problems while live meetings on teams, which is not the thing that you are looking for.
Here, we present five solutions that belong to the most popular. Study them and learn more about quality service that you can use and enjoy simultaneously.
Go To Webinar
This platform was created for marketing and communication. It became popular due to its reliability and ease of use. A host can create polls for participants, and the latter can raise their hands and ask questions during the event.
The advantages are the following:
- The number of people that can join the event exceeds 500.
- There can be more than one host, and speakers can be switched easily.
- The app enables the host to send e-mail notifications.
- Everything important that is presented on the screen can be highlighted in the live mode.
However, there are some drawbacks:
- The host has to convert the recording, and the sound may be bad.
- While recording is in progress, you cannot display the webcam together with the screen.
- The cost is not low.
Together with this solution, you can organize an event as big as you wish. Moreover, the platform will provide you with the analysis of the meeting and its participants, so you can use this information for further improvement of your online events.
In addition, the platform provides:
- Simple interface and no unnecessary downloads.
- Verbal, visual, and text interaction.
- Customization of your event with your logos or colors.
- In-depth analysis of the event.
There are also several cons that you should stay aware of, namely:
- Sometimes, delays happen on Android devices while using this platform.
- You will need an updated version of Adobe Flash on your device to run the meeting properly.
This platform is known to be user-friendly. Here, you can organize automated and live meetings, pages for registration, replays of events, etc. During the event, the participants can be engaged via such useful tools as chats, quick questions, polls, and calls to action.
In this case, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- The easy-to-understand dashboard that is convenient to work with.
- No need for registration or other steps to become a participant in the event.
- An excellent support team that you can reach via chat or messengers.
There are a few disadvantages though:
- If you organize an event with more than 100 people, the platform may not work properly.
- If you work on Windows 7 or 8, there will be no possibility to record video or audio.
This platform belongs to open-source browser-based solutions. By utilizing it, you can easily share live streams for free. The event can be set up quite easily in a few steps. Users enjoy an amazing registration page and customizable reminders for emails and messages.
This solution has gained huge popularity due to the next reasons:
- The utilization is easy, the compatibility is huge, and the amount of available features is more than satisfactory.
- The host is able to export excellent analytics and further improve the performance.
- There is no need for participants to download any software or do any other complicated steps.
Nevertheless, one may encounter some problems, for example:
- The list of participants cannot be copied from the previous events to the following.
- The host only starts and ends the session and does not influence its proceeding.
This solution is also widely used for the organization of different types of online events. After the end of the event, the platform instantly emails the registered recordings to the participants who were involved in the meeting. In addition to a desktop version, there is a mobile app, so the host can fully control the proceeding of the event from any convenient place.
This platform gained its popularity due to the following advantages:
- The host is able to see all the people who are participating in the event.
- The meeting can be scheduled in advance, and the connection is easy.
- There is an option for easy access for participants, so the host does not need to send long codes.
However, consider the next drawbacks:
- There are no pop-ups for notifications.
- The support team works differently according to your tariff plan.
These are the five platforms that belong to the most popular and convenient versions for hosting online events. However, the list can be expanded drastically as more and more platforms appear with different features. Thus, consider your needs first, and you will be able to choose the best platform for your event.