Big data Engineering Certifications and their Importance
According to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of computing and IT jobs are expected to increase by 13 percent from 2020 to 2030. Professionals who choose a data engineering career can prove their expertise in this field by earning accreditation from software development companies or institutions. Because big data is attractive getting certified and making a career in this field is a smart choice.
Why earn big data engineering certifications?
More than 181 zettabytes of data is projected to be generated globally by 2025 (Statista) that requires big data professionals with upgraded skills to handle large volumes of data.
- All of this data will be stored in cost-effective and scalable data platforms while still being evaluated and turned into useful information.
Software engineers would have learned the required skills during their graduation or while working for companies dealing with small volumes of data, but do not have the latest skills to deal with large volumes of data. Not all IT engineers have hands-on experience using MongoDB or Apache Cassandra and other databases, tools, and data pipelines to understand and evaluate several aspects of big data in detail. This is where big data engineering certifications play a prominent role to help professionals learn the latest skills and competencies and also expect handsome salaries. Furthermore, earning big data engineering certifications will:
- Provide big data professionals from non-technical backgrounds with the impetus required to be successful in the respective industries they work in.
- Reduce the shortage of expert big data professionals and improve the chance of getting an interview call by employers
Let us walk through the big data engineering certifications to earn in this digital age:
Google Cloud Certified Professional Data Engineer
By earning this big data engineering certification, candidates will learn to:
- Design and develop data processing systems
- Ensure solution quality
- Develop and operationalize data processing systems and machine learning models.
The exam consists of multiple-choice questions that can be answered either by giving a test in the onsite-proctored exam center or an online proctored exam from a remote location. To qualify for this exam candidates must have:
- At least three years of experience in the big data industry
- Minimum one year experience in managing and designing solutions using Google Cloud.
Associate Big Data Engineer (ABDETM) by the Data Science Council of America (DASCA)
By earning this big data engineering certification online, professionals will be well-versed in:
- Understanding data types, streaming data, learning the frameworks of evaluating, managing, and harnessing large datasets using tools like R and Python.
- Building data analytics applications and streaming high-volume data storage and processing using MongoDB.
Candidates can apply for ABDETM through three eligibility tracks, where the overall requirement is:
- At least a bachelor’s degree/diploma in information system/software programming/ computer programming or related field.
- A minimum work experience of zero to two years in using JAVA/Python or any other programming languages.
The duration of this online exam is of 100 minutes, the candidates will be required to answer 75 choice based questions.
IBM Certified Data Engineer – Big Data
By earning this big data engineering certification online, candidates will learn about:
- Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) fundamentals that include schemas, tables, security, and working using MySQL, IBM Db2.
- ETL, data pipelines using Apache Airflow, Apache Kafka, Python, and querying with business intelligence tools.
The examination consists of questions requiring multiple and single answers. A total of 53 questions will be asked of which candidates need to provide at least 34 correct answers to pass the exam.
Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP) Data Engineer
By earning this big data engineering certification online, candidates will prove they possess key competencies required to transform, evaluate, store, and ingest data in Cloudera’s CDH environment. To complete this certification program, the applicant should pass the Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Data Analyst exam. The exam is four hours long and has 5-10 performance-related series of customer problems, which are required to be solved with the help of a pre-configured Cloudera Enterprise cluster. To pass this exam, applicants must score at least 70 percent. The validity period of the CCP certification is three years.