We had the chance to interview Madison Jay from Raleigh, NC. Who recently released a visual of his latest single titled “The G’z” released 2019. If you aren’t familiar with him read on.
1. Can you tell us a story about what brought you to this specific career path?
I remember writing a small poem to the beat of Lil’ Bow Wow’s “Bounce With Me” in my Advanced English class during high school. That random spark of new creativity brought me here years later as an entertainer.
2. Can you share the most interesting story that happened to you since you started this career?
4. What are some of the most interesting or exciting projects you are working on now?
I’m working on about 4 projects right now. I’ll be finishing up my 3rd studio album, a few special collaboration projects I’m looking forward to presenting and another 1 Producer featured project.
5. Who are some of the most interesting people you have interacted with? What was that like? Do you have any stories?
I look in the mirror to see the most interesting person I know.
6. Which tips would you recommend to your colleagues in your industry to help them to thrive and not “burn out”?
I would recommend to always have a sense of self and your artistry. Once you’ve really done that, run it up until you can’t anymore with a solid built plan to execute the art.
7. You have been blessed with success in a career path that can be challenging. Do you have any words of advice for others who may want to embark on this career path, but seem daunted by the prospect of failure?
8. Can you share with our readers any self care routines, practices or treatments that you do to help your body, mind or heart to thrive? Kindly share a story or an example for each.
Seek solace and peace at every turn when deep in writing mode.
9. What are your “5 things I wish someone told me when I first started” and why. Please share a story or example for each.
The five things I wish someone would have told the younger me is to save money. Money is a major factor especially being an independent artist. Make the best music possible unapologetically. A lot of artists make music based on the perception of others and for awhile I was a victim of that. The third thing is have faith. Keep God closer than what you’ve had him. Fourth thing would be to stay in school. I went to a junior college after high school and after that I was pretty much was done with school. All the early years I put into music could’ve been put in school too. Finally, I wish somebody would’ve told me how invigorating making music is. It’s almost like a drug high the way creating music makes me feel.
10. Can you please give us your favorite “Life Lesson Quote”? Can you share how that was relevant to you in your life?
“When life gives you lemons, make lemonade” — The quote means no matter what life gives you, make the most out of the circumstances given. I’ve always made the best of my circumstances. I couldn’t complain honestly, because who cares?
11. None of us are able to achieve success without some help along the way. Is there a particular person who you are grateful towards who helped get you to where you are? Can you share a story about that?
Gotta give thanks to my guy Welsh Da God. He’s been on board for the mission since 2012. We have a plan that will take both of us to heights we’ve never seen. My HGS team obviously, Xavier does great graphic work for me at the drop of a needle. I’m blessed to work with a plethora of talented producers, photographers. engineers, videographers, writers, and more to make this thing go.
12. You are a person of enormous influence. If you could start a movement that would bring the most amount of good to the most amount of people, what would that be? You never know what your idea can trigger. 🙂
The movement is that you just do it! No talking , no slick verbiage, no marketable tag lines.Just going out and being a good person. Being as righteous as possible if the goal.
13. We are very blessed that some of the biggest names in Business, VC funding, Sports, and Entertainment read this column. Is there a person in the world, or in the US whom you would love to have a private breakfast or lunch with, and why? He or she might see this. 🙂
I’d love to pick Jim Johnston, former music coordinator/producer for WWE/WWF. This man was an integral part of my childhood and adult life too. His melodies and compositions written for wrestling superstars are etched in the brains of millions. I need to pick that man’s break to get some creativity!
14 How can our readers follow you online?
Navy Veteran Davis Chris Takes the Music Industry by storm
In life, you need to break down anything that might be holding you back and change course if need be...
5 Disruptive Leaders Paving the Way in 2021
Where there is uncertainty, lies a whirlwind of opportunity. 2020 was the year that had entrepreneurs learn a great deal...
Brock Pierce Wants To Disrupt The Two Party System And Be Your Next President
We don’t usually cover politics much here at Disrupt, but when Crypto billionaire and friend of the show, Brock Pierce...
John Mcafee – Predictions For The Future
John McAfee is a world-famous tech CEO, computer scientist, civil disobedience activist, privacy advocate, and pioneer of the commercial anti-virus...
Gaby Wall Street – Teaching Latinas to Thrive During The Crisis
It’s no secret we are facing one of the most challenging financial times of the last few decades as we...
Tony Delgado – The #1 Entrepreneurship Movement In Puerto Rico
Puerto Rican online market is in constant progress. With many entrepreneurs who are coming here to start a business, it...
Elena Cardone – The 10X Ladies Conference Is Declaring 2020 The Decade For Women
The next ten years are meant for women to continue growing their potential and succeeding in multiple areas, including business....
How Josh Elizetxe Built Snow Into a $40 Million Dollar Business
There is nothing quite like an entrepreneur’s determination when starting a business. That’s my original quote by the way (pun...
How Jason Capital Became A Self Made Millionaire By 24
Have you ever wanted to earn the respect of everyone who ever looked down on you at some point in...
Sam Bakhtiar On His Way To A Quarter Billion
Dr. Saman Bakhtiar, who prefers being referred as Sam, lives in an 8200 square foot $5.2 million house, Sam is...
Entrepreneurship4 days ago
Stefano Malachi: From Humble Beginnings To Top Instagram Star
Cryptocurrency2 weeks ago
What Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts And Investors Can Look Forward To With Retirecoin
Cryptocurrency1 week ago
New ERC20 Token Sensō Inu Aims To DISRUPT Cryptocurrency As We Know It
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
Full Story: How Rajathileepan Pararajasingam Is Building A Business Empire
Women Who Disrupt2 weeks ago
Luxury Wedding Planner Sonia From Chic Events Takes On The World
Executive Voice1 week ago
Naira Khaliq; Persistence That Shone
Executive Voice1 week ago
Expert Interview with Yogesh Thakur General Manager Omaxe Limited.
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
A CANDID INTERVIEW WITH RISING MUSIC COLLECTIVE : UNREHEARSED MUSIC GROUP