Every day, IT asset managers handle the distribution, repair, replacement, and recovery of devices like laptops, smartphones, and tablets for company employees. Managing IT hardware lifecycle services with limited tools, data, and inconsistent vendor support diverts the needed attention away from more pressing tasks, potentially hindering workplace productivity.
The 2021 IT Asset Management (ITAM) Global Survey points out that,
There is little doubt that the rapidly evolving technology landscape amid shifting paradigms in the macroeconomic and business environment is swiftly making the more traditional approaches to SAM as well as ITAM out of date. The recent COVID-19 pandemic, which has accelerated the evolution of the technology-enabled digital enterprise, has also played a key role in challenging ITAM mechanisms, even in the more established organizations.
With so many moving parts, finding ways to handle the unpredictability of asset management can be challenging. According to US News, IT managers rank in the top 25 of the most stressful jobs.
Nate Poynter, founder and CEO of Evercycle, created the IT asset management platform out of an obsession to support IT Asset Managers. After 11 years of collaborating closely with enterprise customers, service providers, IT distributors/partners, and manufacturing, he gained a high-level perspective of the holes in the industry and felt he could offer a solution.
“I saw the many very problematic and underserved areas of
IT hardware management, became very empathetic towards enterprise IT Asset managers, and became obsessed with enabling enterprises to effectively manage this area of their operation.” – Nate Poynter, CEO
Evercycle helps ease many of the burdens traditionally associated with IT asset management by offering a structured workflow that includes vetted vendors. This efficient solution gives managers the tools they need to plan, orchestrate, monitor, and report hardware lifecycle services effectively.
With Evercycle, IT asset management benefits include:
- Customizable and automated communication tools all in one place.
- Supporting marketing templates, compliance documentation, demo materials, and sustainability KPI reports
- Logistic facilitation automation with intuitive tools for safely shipping devices during repair, replacement, and recovery.
- Automated tracking of IT assets in real-time through Inventory Insight
- Communication and logistics automation wherever your end-users or devices are located.
- Easy access to information like device values, status updates on devices being repaired or in transit, privacy compliance protocol, and environmental impact scorecards.
Beyond IT asset manager benefits, the upside for end-users includes:
- Productivity support for continued access to a device, even when one is being prepared.
- Automated communication, alerts, and direction to stay informed.
- Employee Buyback, which allows employees to purchase their used devices.
- Automated system integrations with internal systems for seamless data syndication.
Evercycle does the heavy lifting, allowing IT asset managers to streamline their workload, minimize manual tasks and damage control, and concentrate on data-inspired strategy and planning.
Founder Nate Poynter has over 11 years of industry experience. He created some of the first-ever automated IT asset recovery solutions for global corporate device footprints managed from a single, unified platform. He was one of the 2019 Intercon Top 50 Tech leaders Award recipients in recognition of his contribution to technology. Learn more about the Evercycle team and how they are impacting the IT asset management industry on their website.