experience back pain at some point in their lives and spend a whopping $50 billion annually treating it. Furthermore, with sedentary lifestyles becoming more common, lower back pain has started becoming more common.
According to statistics, the number of people over 18 developing lower back pain is on the rise, and the line for individuals over 65 has seen a sharp increase in back pain and chronic back pain prevalence from 2010 onwards. Given its significant impact on people’s lives, addressing this prevalent health issue has become increasingly important.
Main Causes of Back Pain
Back pain has specific causes, but several risk factors increase the probability of back pain becoming more permanent by evolving to chronic back pain.
- Ligament Strain – Muscle or ligament strain is common in people who regularly lift heavy weights at work or gym. The poorer the physical condition of the body, the higher the chances of activities straining muscles or ligaments.
- Arthritis – A condition that weakens the bones, joints, and ligaments over time.
- Ruptured or Bulging Disks – Spinal disks are the soft material between the bones in the spine; however, trauma can create ruptures in them and cause lower back pain.
- Osteoporosis –Bones with calcium deficiency weaken over time and become porous and brittle. This state increases the chances of them fracturing.
Following risk factors increase the likelihood of you developing back pain:
- Excessive weight/obesity
- Inactive lifestyle
- Poor posture
- Nutritionally deficient diet
Excessive weight and sedentary lifestyles have had an especially alarming impact on our health, increasing focus on fitness and the need for solutions. Thankfully, technology rose to the challenge and created Electro Muscle Stimulation (EMS) to help us address our health.
What Is Electro Muscle Stimulation (EMS)?
EMS uses electrical impulses to generate muscle contraction to improve the results from fitness training and exercises. Since fitness regimes are naturally demanding, EMS helps people trying to get into fitness by boosting their muscle responses.
This process helps ease their initial experiences and prevents untrained muscles from becoming strained.
Nuzuna Wellness Centers Combine Technology and Fitness
Nuzuna Wellness Centers, led by CEO Charles Laverty, have always been at the forefront of bringing innovation to the fitness industry. “Being overweight can increase the chances of back pain,” Mr. Laverty said while reflecting on the increase in back pain among the younger population.
Troubled by inactive lifestyles and a rise in obesity, he decided to leverage EMS and introduce it to Nuzuna to encourage people to start their fitness journeys. So far, it has been incredibly successful!
Nuzuna’s Products and Services
Focused on giving people a space for exploring wellness and health, Nuzuna provides the following services:
- Gym membership
- Personal & group training: boot camp
- EMS training
- Physical Therapy
- Skin Care
Nuzuna EMS suits and power pants further enhance their EMS training.
There are several reasons why adding EMS to your fitness regimen will improve your fitness routines.
- EMS will help ease your muscles into training and prevent strains.
- The stimulation mimics neurological messages, making the muscle response natural and aligned with your movements.
- It reduces the chances of injuries for people starting to get into fitness at older ages.
- Amplifies traditional workout and enhances the results drastically.
These are only some of the benefits of working out with EMS gear. Experiencing the effects, yourself will help you understand the beauty of the tech and fitness collaboration even more effectively.
Chronic back pain is a reality due to the hectic, demanding lifestyles we live. However, including regular exercise in your routines and adding Electro Muscle Stimulation to the equation can help you become a fitter and healthier person.