While the Tarzan most of us are familiar with is a loincloth-wearing, vine-swinging, jungle man lost to mankind for decades, there is a real Tarzan in our midst in the real world. Mike Holston is a conservationist and social media superstar, more popularly known as ‘The Real Tarzann’. While he doesn’t swing from vines, or sport a loincloth, Mike shares with the Tarzan of our imagination an undeniable love for animals and a dedication to preserving and protecting wildlife.
While in the past Mike has showcased his conservationism by opposing poachers and any form of animal cruelty via his social media platforms, this time he’s promoting his love of wild animals differently. The real-life Tarzan is currently getting ready to drop a collection of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT) by the end of this week.
For the uninitiated, NFTs are digital assets that represent real-world objects like videos, art, in-game items, or even music. These are bought and sold online, normally using cryptocurrency. The term ‘Non-Fungible’ means the object cannot be replicated or replaced by anything identical, being a one of one item. This is not unlike the difference between owning an original artwork versus owning a reproduction.
Mike Holston’s NFT collection isn’t being released for art’s sake, however. Instead, his collection is going to be used for an upcoming decentralized strategy game, called Tribes of Ogun.
In the game, NFT collectors are given the quest to fulfill the ancient prophecy ordained by Ogun, the ancient Yobura God of War. It is a primeval decree which foretells of the Great Block Wars – the ultimate battle for control of Yoburaland – a plush kingdom filled with unimaginable riches.
The game mechanics are as follows: Collectors must join one of the five warring animalistic tribes- from the majestic Black Cockatoos to the mighty Silverback Gorillas. Each tribe must gather together, online or in real life, to come up with a plan for collecting subsequently released NFTs, called, “The Five Elements of Ogun”, which are Fire, Water, Earth, Iron, and Heart.
The goal of each tribe is to amass the largest collection of companion NFTs representing each of the five elemental categories. Each elemental battle will focus on a particular set of element NFTs, and will last 7-days. At the completion of each 7-day period, prizes will be awarded, and new element NFTs will be released, restarting the war.
Owners of winning tribes gain 10% of the revenue from the war, while the remaining 90% is split evenly amongst all winning tribe NFT holders. Every member of the victorious tribe will also be eligible to win real-life prize packages that include all-expense-paid trips to exotic locations, or a meet and greet slash wildlife experience with The Real Tarzann himself. The icing on the cake is that NFT holders will actually be sponsoring over 250+ animals through their purchase of NFTs and participation in the game, proving that just about anyone can make an impact in animal conservation.
If you’ve got a passion for animals and are interested in a fun and challenging method of supporting wildlife and raising ecological awareness while winning amazing prizes, then call on your animal spirit, and join the Tribes of Ogun Discord group for the latest updates and news, using this link: http://discord.gg/bpvdfMhBUF. Mike Holston’s Tribes of Ogun NFT collection drops this Sunday, 3pm EST.