Recently, I was fortunate enough to sit down for an interview with Jordin Roussell. Jordin has scaled his Real Estate Company, Gulf South Home Buyers, to 7 Figures very quickly. I asked him how he got started, and for tactical advice for anyone looking to get into Real Estate Investing.
- Hey Jordin, what do you do?
Jordin Roussell: I’m a real estate entrepreneur, I am the Founder of Gulf South Home Buyers.
- What made you become an entrepreneur?
Jordin Roussell: My first journey with entrepreneurship was actually network marketing. I was sold on the idea of having freedom, creating impacting, and getting to travel the world. The venture came to an end rather quickly, but those desires for freedom, impact, and travel never left me. After I dropped out of college, it took me a little time to pick myself up after some personal things took place in my life, but I knew with what I wanted out of life my options for obtaining the three things I desired were very limited which led me back into entrepreneurship.
- How did you get started investing in real estate?
Ravi Abuvala: It’s a funny story! I was 19, scrolling through Instagram and this guy I was following had just posted a video about this 18 year old kid, one of his students, making $25k with none of his own money and no credit. I was stunned, I did some more research and for the next 2 years consumed everything real estate I could. Just after my 21st birthday I was fed up with working a 9-5 and took the plunge, quit my job, and made the decision to go all in on real estate.
- How have you scaled your company?
Jordin Roussell: Other than the traditional ways of increasing marketing. I became genuinely obsessed with helping people out of their distressed situations and because I stopped focusing less on money and more on the people I could help. This quickly established me as a leading authority in real estate in my city.
- What advice would you give to someone looking to get started in Real Estate?
Jordin Roussell: There’s several ways to get started in real estate and make money, but the most important thing when getting started is to find one strategy. Whether it’s wholesaling, fix and flips, purchasing rentals, bond for deeds, or anything else, just go all in on the strategy until you can do it in your sleep, then transition into another strategy. Focusing on too many strategies at once is similar to shiny object syndrome in my opinion.
- How do you find deals?
- Ringless Voicemail
- Direct Mail
- Google Adwords
- How do you find investors?
- Direct Mail
- One of the best ways to get investors and cash buyers is to obtain a list of properties that have been purchased for cash in your city. Filter the ones that have bought 2 or more because the chances of them being investors increases, and send them a post card explaining what you do with your contact info on it.
- Where do you see your company in the next 5 years?
Jordin Roussell: Operating in multiple states within multiple markets. Helping 1000’s of families per year close a chapter and start a new one.