Marketing can be difficult, but marketing your business doesn’t have to be. If you want marketing tips that are easy to implement and will grow your business, then this blog post is for you! We’ll discuss marketing tips that are sure to help get the word out about what you do. Let’s talk about three marketing tips that will help get you started right away!
1. Invest in Content Marketing
It may not be a marketing tip that is entirely free, but it’s certainly one of the most effective marketing strategies you can implement. Investing in content marketing is also considerably cheaper than other marketing tools such as traditional advertising and promotional methods. When done correctly, creating compelling content on your website or social media pages will help to increase traffic while simultaneously growing your business’ brand awareness.
To get started with this marketing strategy:
- Develop an editorial calendar for your company blog posts
- Determine the frequency at which you’ll post new blogs and stick with it! For example, if you plan to publish three times per week then do so every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Be consistent! No one wants to miss out on great information from a company that is constantly changing their blog’s publishing schedule.
- Don’t be afraid to share your content marketing on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn! In fact, sharing relevant marketing posts from other blogs or websites will help to increase traffic while also exposing the rest of the world to what you have been writing about so diligently.
2. Start with Social Media Marketing
If you’re just starting out with marketing your business, then we recommend beginning with social media marketing. Nearly every company and organization in existence is on some form of social media site such as Facebook or Twitter, these websites are a great place to start when it comes to sharing content marketing posts from your blog.
If you want more information about using the power of social media marketing for business:
- Read up on how other companies use platforms like LinkedIn and Instagram for their marketing campaigns. It is likely that they have already done much research into what types of businesses can benefit most from various forms of social networking sites so see if they’ve shared any resources online that will help get you started too.
- Don’t forget to keep an eye out for marketing opportunities that are being offered by the social media sites you’re using. For example, some companies offer marketing tools on their Facebook page so be sure to take advantage of these great offers, many times they’ll provide free products or services in exchange for a brief testimonial or review about your experience with them.
3. Utilize Email Marketing
Last but definitely not least, email marketing is an excellent marketing method to utilize when you’re just starting out with marketing your business. Email marketing allows you to send targeted messages directly to customers or potential clients on a regular basis without having to worry about sending too many emails and annoying them in the process.
To learn more about how effective this strategy can be for marketing:
- Read up on what other companies are doing right now when it comes to their email marketing campaigns. For example, if they have newsletters that feature content from their blog then subscribe so that you don’t miss any of these valuable posts! You’ll also want to check out the various types of funnels available through popular email service providers as Aweber or Mailchimp.
- Don’t forget that marketing through email doesn’t just have to be about sending out newsletters on a regular basis, sometimes companies will offer special promotions or discounts for new customers if you sign up with them today. As long as these emails are sent directly from the business themselves then they’re considered reputable marketing messages so don’t hesitate to take advantage of any limited time offers made available exclusively for people who opt in to receive marketing materials via email.
Don’t let this point discourage you from starting out with marketing through social networking websites and apps. If you implement all three steps we’ve mentioned here, then chances are good that your business will see an increase in traffic as well as new leads within just a few months!
John Lawson is one of the most trusted and experienced eCommerce professionals in the industry. John is the founder of The Ecommerce Group, which he started in 2011 to share his knowledge with other entrepreneurs in the industry. It’s the oldest eCommerce group on Facebook with over 8,500 members from around the world!
John speaks at conferences all around the world, including Retail Global, South by Southwest, Etail, Digital Summit, Hubspot Inbound, Ad-Tech and more. He also writes for several international publications such as Power Retail, Small Business Trends and Disrupt Magazine.