Do you have a business idea? What’s holding you back? When you start something new—whether it be a business venture, hobby, or even a new fitness regime or goal—you take a risk to step in. Everyone can acknowledge that this past year has been anything but normal. One in four women, for example, left the workforce—a disappointing and heartbreaking statistic. However, at this stage, many have accepted this phase and are beginning to strategize moving forward from here. It is time for many to step into their power and activate their potential.
But where does one start? This is a question and obstacle for many female entrepreneurs. Although one may have incredible ideas and dreams for a startup or business, oftentimes, they lack the tools or resources to launch. Similarly, Nelson Mandela once said, “Vision without action is just a dream, action without vision just passes the time, and vision with action can change the world.“
So, what’s the solution? Here’s a recommendation: focus on your whole self. EmpowHer Purpose, an integrated business, and wellness community based out of Los Angeles, California, does just this and champions female entrepreneurs to launch, grow and focus on whole life transitions both personally and professionally. Both sides are necessary to be whole and fulfilled!
Whether it be a clothing line, clean beauty brand, or meditation or fitness studio, EmpowHer LA knows that female entrepreneurship is a rapidly growing segment of our economy. Did you know that women started 1,821 new businesses every day last year? There are 114% more female entrepreneurs than there were 20 years ago. Clearly, this is an area for women to step into—and one need will continue to need our focus and attention.
But what tools are leading to the success of these female entrepreneurs and their businesses? What tools do they need and utilize? Research shows that women are 2.5 times more likely to succeed in their business endeavors if they have a community. And this happens to be EmpowHer Purpose’s specialty.
So, take it from them. Don’t be stopped from reaching your goals. Here are five ways to get your business started now.
Five Ways to Kickstart Your Business Now
- SMART Goals: At EmpowHer Purpose, individuals first name and own what they want to achieve in the season. One’s goals might fall under several categories or buckets—such as professional goals, personal goals, or goals for one’s family or home. Try thinking about goals under at least three categories, as it’ll make it easier to conceptualize. EmpowHer Purpose likes to use the concept of “SMART” goals. Are you familiar with SMART goals? S-M-A-R-T goals ensure that your goals are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound.
- What’s Your Why? – YOUR PURPOSE: It is important for people to think about why they want the things they want or they do. What is your calling and how are you making an impact? What do you want and why? What is the DREAM or goal? What is your purpose for wanting to achieve this dream or goal? Take your time, as this is a BIG question and can be a long process!
- Develop A Plan: Like Nelson Mandela said, “Vision without action is just a dream.” Have you developed a structure and framework to achieve your plan? What steps are you taking to achieve your vision? Are you going to join a women’s group, enlist in one-on-one coaching, find an incredible group of like-minded women who support you? Develop a plan with specific, measurable, reasonable and actionable steps. (For bonus points, outline your obstacles – be brutally honest with yourself or ask for mentor feedback!)
- Identify Your Strengths (and Weaknesses, too!): Such a critical step… Know thyself! What can you bring to the table? How is your business model different from the rest? What is a strength you offer in a way that no one else can? What is your value proposition? Your key point of differentiation? EmpowHer Purpose utilizes a variety of personality assessment tools, including Myers-Briggs, 360 personality profiling, and the Enneagram. They encourage you to know your strengths and weaknesses, too (using strengthsfinder)—each pushes you to grow personally and professionally and your business as well.
- Have FUN: Although it sounds cliche, the most important thing is doing what one loves and being fulfilled from doing so. So, reward your successes. Celebrate the big and little milestones. Use the obstacles as opportunities. Take risks and make mistakes (trust me, it’s part of the FUN!). Dream and play big, and watch your goals come to life!
After all, it’s 2021. We’ve seen it all this past year. So, it’s time to gear up and step in, not out, to ALL that this year has to offer. As women and mothers, we need to join together to support one another during these difficult times and always. EmpowHer LA provides the tools for the success of female entrepreneurs through a whole life integration of business and wellness: a recipe for success. Their staple transformative experiences include classic one-on-one coaching, women’s groups, and an all-new exclusive wellness community launching this April called “MemberHERship.” EmpowHer LA focuses on the integration of business and wellness. It’s not one or the other. It’s both. And that’s the way it should be. You are worth living out your dream.
What are you waiting for? It’s time for you to get started.
Navy Veteran Davis Chris Takes the Music Industry by storm
In life, you need to break down anything that might be holding you back and change course if need be...
5 Disruptive Leaders Paving the Way in 2021
Where there is uncertainty, lies a whirlwind of opportunity. 2020 was the year that had entrepreneurs learn a great deal...
Brock Pierce Wants To Disrupt The Two Party System And Be Your Next President
We don’t usually cover politics much here at Disrupt, but when Crypto billionaire and friend of the show, Brock Pierce...
John Mcafee – Predictions For The Future
John McAfee is a world-famous tech CEO, computer scientist, civil disobedience activist, privacy advocate, and pioneer of the commercial anti-virus...
Gaby Wall Street – Teaching Latinas to Thrive During The Crisis
It’s no secret we are facing one of the most challenging financial times of the last few decades as we...
Tony Delgado – The #1 Entrepreneurship Movement In Puerto Rico
Puerto Rican online market is in constant progress. With many entrepreneurs who are coming here to start a business, it...
Elena Cardone – The 10X Ladies Conference Is Declaring 2020 The Decade For Women
The next ten years are meant for women to continue growing their potential and succeeding in multiple areas, including business....
How Josh Elizetxe Built Snow Into a $40 Million Dollar Business
There is nothing quite like an entrepreneur’s determination when starting a business. That’s my original quote by the way (pun...
How Jason Capital Became A Self Made Millionaire By 24
Have you ever wanted to earn the respect of everyone who ever looked down on you at some point in...
Sam Bakhtiar On His Way To A Quarter Billion
Dr. Saman Bakhtiar, who prefers being referred as Sam, lives in an 8200 square foot $5.2 million house, Sam is...
News2 weeks ago
Tony Lit is on the lead bombing every social media platform covering all the corners of the globe.
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
Lashiivo: The Lash Company Taking the Industry by Storm
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
How SafeTrip Token can help to cut costs in Financial Management?
Executive Voice1 week ago
PHOENIX MELVILLE – DOCUMENTARY DEMOCRACY
Executive Voice7 days ago
How Feminine Leadership Mentor Gordana Jakopcevic Leans Into Her Sexuality
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
Hwood Group’s Poppy Nightclub hosts Ryan Chapell’s Anoma Artists for first House Music event in LA
Entertainment1 week ago
Why Earl Chang, AKA Change, Believes That It’s Important To Grow As An Artist
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
Traveling in Grand Style: Carmen Edelson