Toronto is one of the largest cities in Canada. It attracts many tourists every day with its tall buildings, beautiful parks and delicious food. Tourists really want to travel around every corner of the city, see all the sights. It is more convenient to do this, of course, having personal transport near you, because in that case you do not depend on the schedule of public transport or taxi prices. This city is especially interesting for young people, as it has many universities and schools for learning the language. Therefore, here the influx of tourists is especially high at the age of 17 to 25 years. So, we decided that to learn the culture, to understand the rhythm of the city is very much helped by mobility. Among the services of the city, services for the organization of car rental are widespread. Here you will find dozens of offers with a different number of cars of all classes, for every budget and taste. It is worth noting that not all companies allow drivers who are not yet 21 years old to rent a car, so if you are a young driver you need to look for car rental under 21 Toronto.
Tips for successful cooperation with rental offices
Do you need to rent a car in Toronto ? You can do this right at the airport. At your service are several racks with car rental services of various companies. Below we list the main points that will help you safely and comfortably decide on the choice of company:
- The driver must always be on the alert, monitor the situation on the road, and take into account the ride of public transport, including the tram. Do not forget that you are in a new city for you, and possibly a country. There may be other traffic rules, speed limits and much more. In Toronto, you have to give way to buses, trams and slow down as soon as you see public transport, as people can get off it.
- In Toronto, like in many other megacities, there is an eerie rush hour. Usually their time interval lasts from 7 to 9 am and from 3 pm to 8 pm. When planning your trip in a rented car, avoid visiting the center at this time. In addition, during these hours it is difficult to find parking. when choosing a car for rent, also take into account its dimensions. Especially young drivers who do not have much experience should think about this.
- For beginners, especially those under the age of 21, it will be helpful to know that a left turn when crossing an intersection is prohibited in Toronto, especially during rush hour. To navigate the expense, it is recommended to use a Google map.
- Many drivers who use our site find great deals, for example, a car for $ 60.
- In order to get the best price, you need to book a car at least 4 weeks before the trip.
- Сar rental offices, which are located at the airport of Toronto are much cheaper than in other locations around the city. Renting a car right at the airport, you can immediately get behind the wheel and already feel the comfort and benefit of renting, safely and quickly reaching the hotel.
- Taking into account the different classes of cars presented on the sites (standard, economy, premium, compact, full-size or minivan), the most favorable in price and conditions is the intermediate class
What documents should you provide with managers of rental offices to rent a car ?
If you are under 21 years old, then you should pay special attention to the documents that you must have in order to rent a car from any representative of the company. It is mandatory to conclude an agreement for services, which prescribes a full description of the car, including model, type of fuel, color, capacity and your personal data. You also sign a data non-proliferation agreement on the spot. In order to make a deal you will need:
- You must have an identity document. It can be a civil or foreign passport. Also, you must have a valid driver’s license in a decent form, with a readable photo. It should be plastic international standard.
- If you are under 21 years of age, you must have a driving experience of at least 1 year. At the same time, without any incidents, accidents and fines. Otherwise, you may be refused to provide a car for rent.
- Young drivers who have not reached the age of 21 can choose cars from a limited list. The premium or high-end category is not available to them.
- Drivers under the age of 21 are required to pay an extra fee for the fact that they are young drivers and do not have sufficient experience in driving. Usually, the price of the fee depends on the price of renting a car, duration, class of car and experience of the driver. Often, this is from 10 to 50 percent of the cost of daily car rental. These additional payments are charged in order to pay for more expensive insurance, since in the absence of great experience, the young driver increases the possibility of getting into an accident, somehow damaging the car mechanically or physically.
If you are planning a long trip to Toronto, you can take an additional driver, or your relative, perhaps a friend. For it, you will also need to pay a symbolic fee. At the same time, if you rent a car for a long time, CARNGO can offer you a discount on the cost of renting a car or an additional payment. Also, take into account the tax, pay attention to whether it is included in the price or it must be paid separately.
Planning your trip in advance, you not only save on the cost of rent, you can also find the cheapest and most profitable offers, perhaps even seasonal. At the very least, you’ll be able to find the most unexplored corners of Toronto, plan your route, and learn the rules of the road to be 100 percent ready.