Starting a business from scratch is no easy task – it takes dedication, drive, and a solid commitment. A new business needs a team that is focused on creating success. Starting that business with a partner, especially a life partner or spouse can be a major benefit for those looking to strike out on their own. Married couple Ali and Jamie Salimi, both attorneys, decided to start their own law firm and have had amazing success.
The Salimi’s took on the task of starting a law firm while also starting a family. They were both practicing law in Southern California, working long hours and feeling the burnout. Then they made the decision to relocate to Ali’s hometown of Marietta, Georgia to raise their young family and try their hand at starting a law firm from scratch. They hoped to make an impact in the legal world and surrounding communities with their services and shared vision of what it means to strengthen ties and take care of one another.
They started out with not much more than the idea that the Atlanta area had room for another personal injury law firm – one that could stand out from the rest, one that could be rooted in community values and that clients felt was truly taking care of them. Just having moved to the Atlanta suburbs of Marietta, they quickly started making their presence in the personal injury world. They financed their new business with their own savings and Jamie’s legal work from advising corporate clients on the side. They were ready to make an impact.
Through a lot of sweat equity, long days and nights, and many breakthroughs, The Auto Accident Attorneys Group is in its fifth year as a small personal injury law firm serving communities in California, Georgia, and Tennessee. The Salimi’s and their team of dedicated professionals aim to take care of each and every one of their clients – for their clients to not only be taken care of, but to feel taken care of. Ali and Jamie are proud of the law firm they have built, the growth they are experiencing, the amazing professionals on their team, and most importantly the clients who have picked themselves up after devastating accidents and who, through their own personal commitment to recover, have inspired Ali and Jamie to continue the fight for victims whose voices must be heard. Those clients reinforce the Salmis’ belief that dedication, drive, and commitment can bring about an enormous amount of success and personal satisfaction.
Ali and Jamie now want to share this recipe for success with others who may be debating whether to make a go of it.
Ali and Jamie Salimi Share 5 Tips on How to Achieve Success When Starting a Law Firm with Your Spouse
1. Niche. Find a specialty that you want to practice in and nail it down. Your goal should be to become a leader in that field – one of the first to come to mind when someone thinks of that particular niche. Define what the firm does, and what unique services will be provided to make yourself stand out from the rest.
2. Plan. Learning how to write a solid business plan, and implementing that plan are key parts of the firm’s foundation. This may mean putting resources into education and guidance to develop a solid, viable business plan.
3. Mindset. Mindset is absolutely necessary to build and sustain a business with your spouse. Mindset is an attitude, an all-the-time approach. There are always going to be obstacles that come up, but mindset determines how one deals with those problems to reach a positive outcome. If you can make the investment, and you should, hire a mindset coach to help establish a successful mindset and get in sync with your partner.
4. Marketing. Marketing must be part of any business plan, even if you know nothing about it or it scares you. A person can be the absolute best attorney in the world, but if no one knows who they are they will never reach success. To run a successful firm one must have clients, and marketing secures leads and drives sales.
5. Personal health and self-care. Do not forget about yourself, or your relationship, and make self-care a priority. The business cannot take over all the time, or else the relationship will suffer. There must be a balance and time to focus on each other and yourselves as individuals.
While you may have heard at least one person say you should not start a business with your spouse, Ali and Jamie have found that their shared goal of seeing their law firm succeed has helped them stay focused on a shared vision of what they want for their family. They believe sharing professional goals and carrying them out helps them plan, implement, and accomplish ideas that result in successful milestones in their personal lives. Learn more about their story and The Auto Accident Attorneys Group by clicking here.