Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a complex process that is used to boost up the quality and quantity of website traffic. SEO can be the best way to give online exposure to your brand through organic search engine results.
There are various types of SEO, and all these types have one main goal: to optimize a website in order to get greater visibility in search engines. In this article, we will discuss different types of SEO that will work in 2021.
Four main types of SEO
These are the main types of SEO in digital marketing that a site owner needs to consider.
- Technical SEO
- On-page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
- White Hat SEO
These four types of SEO contain some complexity and overlap, but it is important to focus on your efforts by understanding your strengths and weaknesses. Breanna from Safari Digital in Brisbane recommends moving through this list in the order mentioned. Getting all of the technical and on-site elements in place is the recipe for building a strong SEO foundation that can be complemented by off-site SEO down the track.
1. Technical SEO:
Technical SEO can be a little daunting, but it plays an important part in ensuring that search engines can read your content and easily explore your site. There few main areas that need to be considered in Technical SEO, which is as follows:
- Crawl: Check if the search engine can explore your site easily
- Index: You should make it clear which pages should be indexed and returned by search engine
- Speed: Fast loading of the page is an important factor to retain your visitors
- Tech: You should use search engine-friendly tech or CMS for your website
- Hierarchy: The content should be well structured on your website
- Mobile: Your site should be user-friendly for mobile users
Technical SEO can be intimidating, but it is guided by the principles of on-page SEO. You need to give a good user experience to grab the attention of your visitors.
2. On-Page SEO:
On-page includes everything that your visitors will go through when they visit your website. The most important part of On-Page SEO is the content of your website. For an effective on-page SEO of your site, it is essential to have high-quality, informative content. Moreover, your content should contain solutions that no other page is providing.
The areas that require to be focused on for your content are as follows:
- Keywords research: It is important to understand the language of the target audience
- Descriptive URLs: You need to make sure that each URL is simple and descriptive
- Page title: You should use keywords within the page title that sound natural
- Meta descriptions: Create attractive meta descriptions to drive clicks
- Content optimization: You should sensibly use keywords and variations in your on-page copy
- Good user experience (UX): Ensure your website is easy to use and navigate
- String call to action: You need to make your site easy for visitors to understand what to do next
- Structured data markup: Add the latest SERP features to enhance click-through rates
When you have solid technical SEO for your site, the on-page SEO is straightforward. You can use different tools to crawl and identify weaknesses and methodology to work through your pages.
3. Off-Page SEO:
Defining off-page SEO is quite different from on-page SEO. The most arguable thing in off-page optimization is link-building. Link-building is one of the most crucial components to developing strong organic rankings. However, if you get links from authoritative sites, it can make a big difference in ranking your site. For this, you can focus on the following areas:
- Link building: get backlinks from authoritative sites that can provide a solid boost to your ranking
- Social media: When you have a piece of content on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, it can get you great traffic and boost your SEO ranking
- Guest posting: guest blogging is one of the most popular off-page SEO methods
- Building positive relationships: you need to build solid relationships with bloggers, journalists, social media personalities, and people behind websites.
4. White Hat SEO:
White hat SEO is one of the best types of search engine optimization, used by SEO agencies to improve the ranking of sites. White hat SEO techniques are the best tactics that are recommended by Google to get better ranking results.
White Hat SEO includes:
- Creating high-quality content
- Optimizing HTML
- Sharing on social media
- Making your site user-friendly
SEO doesn’t require to be complicated. So, if you need to optimize your site to boost up the ranking of your site, you need to consider different types of SEO. No matter what kind of sites you want to rank, you will have to use multiple types of SEO to get your desired results.