Content marketing is one of the most powerful tools for growing your business. It can do wonders for content engagement, traffic, and conversion rates to your website. However, content marketing can be difficult to get right – which is why you need content hacks! In this blog post I will discuss 7 content marketing hacks that are proven to help you increase your impact with content marketing.
These content hacks are proven to work.
1. Test Call-to-Action Buttons
Make sure each content piece, such as a blog post or video, has multiple calls-to-action. This is best done by creating different versions of content pieces and A/B testing them to see which one performs the best with your audience.
- Download this free guide! (button added after content)
- Get our latest content in your inbox (subscription box included at end of article).
By adding a call-to-action button you can increase conversions significantly for any given blog post. Test out what works best for increasing engagement on your content.
2. Use A.I.D.A. to Get More Comments
AIDA is a content marketing model that works to increase engagement and conversions.
- a) Attention: Use interesting, unique content to attract your audience’s attention
- b) Interest: Create content that intrigues them and keep their interest with relevant information
- c) Desire: Give audiences the desire for what you’re offering
- d) Action: Ask them to take action by providing an easy call-to-action button at the end of blog posts or any other content pieces. For example, “If you enjoyed this article – share it on Facebook!”
When you use content marketing hacks like A.I.D.A., you will see a dramatic increase in the number of comments on your blog posts and content pieces.
The AIDA content hack can be incorporated into every piece of content you post online. Keep readers interested in engaging with your brand.
3. Aim for Google Snippets
If you want content marketing hacks that increase your organic traffic, then the most effective one is optimizing for Google snippets.
Google Snippets are search results in a box at the top of SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages). Optimizing content to appear in Google Snippets can be done by including:
- Titles and Meta descriptions: Your content titles and meta descriptions should include relevant keywords, this increases visibility on SERP’s. Focus on creating high quality content pieces with great headlines and make sure they contain all pertinent information such as featured images or videos.
- Hyperlinks within Content Pieces: Make sure each content piece has multiple hyperlinks back to important pages like product pages or service offering categories so readers can easily navigate through content and find what they’re looking for.
- Featured Snippets: If content is well optimized it may also feature in the top of SERPs as a featured snippet (box containing content at the top). Content pieces that contain enough information and answer popular questions could be eligible to appear here, make sure each content piece contains all relevant information on any topic to give yourself an opportunity to get more clicks from Google searches.
Google snippets can help you increase traffic, leads, and conversions by getting your content marketing pieces to rank higher than your competitors. It’s one of the most impactful content hacks out there if done correctly.
4. Keep in Mind that Longer Content Performs Better
There’s a content marketing myth that shorter content performs better. The fact is, longer content actually does perform better in the long run.
Longer content pieces have greater visibility and rank higher on search engines than short articles – this means more traffic for your business. Shorter content also doesn’t drive as many shares or backlinks (which helps increase organic rankings). Make sure content pieces are comprehensive and contain all relevant content to ensure readers stay engaged with your brand.
Content marketing hacks like creating longer content will help you increase traffic, leads, and conversions. Keep this in mind when writing content for your business.
5. Engage with Your Prospects as Much as Possible
There are many content pieces that readers see but do not engage with due to lack of interest or confusion on how they can use it in their lives.
When writing content make sure you give prospects all the information they need about a topic so there aren’t any questions left unanswered. Also include links within content pieces back to other relevant blog posts or pages so users can quickly navigate through pages without having to exit out of what they’re reading. When done correctly, content hacks like these will encourage audience engagement which allows brands to establish themselves as industry leaders.
6. Ensure your Brand Voice Remains Steady Across Channels
Whether you’re writing content for your blog, social media platforms, or other content distribution channels, it’s important to keep in mind that you’re trying to establish a brand voice. Branding is one of the most important content marketing.
It serves as an identifier for audiences across all content pieces and helps increase conversions when done correctly. Keep this in mind when publishing content on different mediums online.
Think about your brand voice and what it represents. It should remain mostly the same across all channels so customers know what they’re getting when engaging with content online. Customers want to feel like they are part of an exclusive group or community, content that provides this feeling is well received, so continue writing content in line with your established company personality for best results.
7. Don’t Skimp on Content Creation
Don’t skimp out when it comes to creating quality content because there’s no substitute for good writing. A few common mistakes include using too much fluff in blog posts or failing to provide answers for prospects looking for content in relevant searches.
Writing content that has a good balance of information and fluff is the best way to avoid mistakes when writing content for your blog or website, this will help you increase traffic, leads, and conversions through search engines over time. When done correctly content marketing hacks like these can make all the difference between success and failure with content online.
Add more useful tips within content pieces by keeping them short, concise, and informative if you want to get noticed among other brands online. For even better results try adding links throughout content back to pages where users can find more related materials about topics they’re interested in reading about next.
By following these simple content marketing hacks, you will see significant increases in organic search rankings, engagement levels with content pieces, and conversions to content subscribers.
John Lawson is one of the most trusted and experienced eCommerce professionals in the industry. John is the founder of The Ecommerce Group, which he started in 2011 to share his knowledge with other entrepreneurs in the industry. It’s the oldest eCommerce group on Facebook with over 8,500 members from around the world!
John speaks at conferences all around the world, including Retail Global, South by Southwest, Etail, Digital Summit, Hubspot Inbound, Ad-Tech and more. He also writes for several international publications such as Power Retail, Small Business Trends and Disrupt Magazine.