If you’ve ever bought or sold a house you know first hand that it is an extremely emotional process. It’s one of the biggest transactions an individual will make while at the same time accounting for one of our most important basic needs. When it’s your first time buying a house it can be a very stressful process and not having the right agent beside you can be disastrous.
The grand notion of real estate really causes clients to feel intimidated or overwhelmed, maybe even a little bit fearful of how to begin their real estate process even if they’ve done it a couple of times.
We have teamed up with Athena Brownson, a widely known name in the real estate industry, who is considered an expert when it comes to buying or selling real estate properties. Athena has mastered and created a seamless process for every kind of client no matter where they are in their Real Estate Journey.
A Colorado native, born and raised in a family filled with residential developers, builders, and interior designers, Athena started wandering around building sites and learning the ropes of real estate from a very young age.
Prior to college Athena had a very successful professional career as a skier for around 10 years, skiing about 300 days a year chasing winter wherever it went; to which she really attributes her work ethic and competitive nature to.
With her remarkable academic achievements in art history and interior design from University of Colorado in Boulder, followed by an internship and job with an interior design firm, Athena went out on a limb and decided to get her real estate license in 2015.
She quickly started to mentor under the owner of the New Era Group, John Stegner and after four years, Athena took all her skills and years of experience combined with her mentorship and became the team principle of The Vesta Collective at Compass Real Estate.
Athena invests wholeheartedly into helping all her clients. We had the chance to sit down with Athena and get direct advice on how her clients succeed the greatest while working with her:
What are the 3 process steps for a client to have success with Athena?
According to Athena, the 3 step process for a client to have success with her is:
1. Reach out to a lender to get preapproved for your mortgage
- It will help you understand what your monthly payments are going to be, what closing costs to expect, and how much the down payment is.
- You will need a preapproval letter from the lender as well, stating that you were approved for a mortgage up to X dollars.
2. Do a lifestyle tour of different neighborhoods that you’re interested in
- When looking at a neighborhood, take into account the time it will take you to get to work, vicinity to grocery stores, restaurants, gym, etc. to really understand what your day-to-day is going to be like.
- Also look at children’s school districts to see where you want to get your children registered for school as it will help guide the initial stages of your real estate search.
3. Have an idea of what kind of a house are you looking for
- It is a great idea to have a concept of what you’re looking for to help narrow the search down, whether you’re set on only single-family homes or open to townhomes or duplexes. Perhaps you’re set on a ranch-style home due to mobility issues or insist on having all bedrooms on the same floor. These details can definitely narrow things down.
As per Athena, “I take my role as a real estate advisor and financial advocate very seriously and will also provide my clients with any resources that they need for absolutely anything they need or any questions they have when buying, selling, investing or developing property.”
Athena’s goal more than anything is to build strong and lifelong relationships with her clients allowing her to become their trusted advisor for all of their Real Estate needs throughout their lifetime, not just one transaction.
Athena has had dozens of success stories over the past several years in which her clients have gone up against several other offers on properties and have come out victorious.
She attributes this to having years of experience in writing a very strong contract and being able to educate her clients on what elements are going to be necessary in order for them to win the property as well as being very realistic with all parties in regards to their offer.
She loves the opportunity to grow with her clients and be involved in the many chapters of their lives and what greater comfort could a client have than having their “go to” broker that they know will always have their best interest at heart.
I love creating a relationship in which my clients trust me to always have their best interest at heart. – Athena Brownson