Starting your own business can be a daunting task. You have to find the time, money, and motivation to start something from scratch. Many of us start a business with the best intentions. We’re ready to take on the world and make our dreams come true, but then we find ourselves overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done. The truth is starting a business can be difficult. There are so many things you need to figure out before you even get started, from choosing a name for your company, setting up an e-commerce site, creating social media accounts, and figuring out how to market your product or service…the list goes on! Luckily there’s an easy way around all these obstacles–at least it will feel like it once you read this blog post.
Success leaves clues! You’re going to go out there and you’re going to look for people that are talking about whatever it is you’re trying to start. The more you can find, the better off you’ll be because there are going to be people in those groups that will have great ideas for your business and they’re going to want to work with you.
The best way is just start talking about what it is that might make a good product or service, talk about the problems that need solving, the things you’re trying to do, and then start talking about what it is that’s going to make your product or service so great.
Narrow down your avatar to a single person, a personality – know everything about that personality and how they live, and don’t make a product or service that’s going to just be like everything else.
- Start by looking for groups of people talking about what you’re trying to start your business with.
- The more you find in these groups the better off you’ll be because there are going to be other people who have great ideas for your company and would want to work with you.
- To narrow down on an avatar imagine one single person – know everything about their personality including the way they live; do not create anything similar as this will not be a good start for your business.
- Do not underestimate or overestimate yourself because success can only happen when both of these things happen at once, it’s also important for other people who work with you. If you’re too confident then others may follow suit and if there are doubts then that won’t get fixed which means no one wants to help out.
- Don’t forget about social media! Social media can open up more opportunities than anything else on this list so don’t leave them behind.
- It’s best not to start with something that you’re unsure about because if it goes wrong, then you’ll be left without anything else. Work one step at a time in order for this process to go smoothly and don’t take any shortcuts. It can lead to more problems and the company won’t work as efficiently.
- Pick your niche, and this is really important. You need to pick something that you know about or have at least a basic understanding of because it can be hard to start with something new when there’s not much knowledge behind what should actually happen for success.
One last thing: Make sure people know about your business. This may not seem important, but it can actually be the most vital part of starting a business because if they don’t know anything about you and what you’re doing, then how will they find out?
Are you ready to focus on important tasks and avoid distraction and time wasters? Visit the Free Facebook Group to receive expert help: http://www.ExpertGrowthHacking.com
John Lawson is one of the most trusted and experienced eCommerce professionals in the industry. John is the founder of The Ecommerce Group, which he started in 2011 to share his knowledge with other entrepreneurs in the industry. It’s the oldest eCommerce group on Facebook with over 8,500 members from around the world!
John speaks at conferences all around the world, including Retail Global, South by Southwest, Etail, Digital Summit, Hubspot Inbound, Ad-Tech and more. He also writes for several international publications such as Power Retail, Small Business Trends and Disrupt Magazine.