Las Vegas never sleeps! Being one of the most popular hubs for tourists, this city in the U.S. witnesses tourists worldwide. That means the roads are always running, and you can find double-decker, tour coaches, and open-roof buses at all hours. With all the hustle-bustle, accidents are likely to happen. If you get into a bus mishap of any kind, the skilled team of Ladah Law Firm will ensure you get your deserving compensation.
Causes of Bus Accidents
- Traffic: Las Vegas being a tourist spot, sees tourists using public transport more often. As a result of heavy traffic congestion, bus drivers and other drivers take more risks to arrive at their destinations on time. Unfortunately, this can significantly raise the chances of a bus accident in Las Vegas.
- Driver Fatigue: Overwork and long working hours without rest can exhaust the bus driver, and there are high chances of accidents.
- Driver Distraction: Las Vegas’ touristy environment may distract the driver, and he can crash into other vehicles or pedestrians. Texting or calling while driving may also risk the passengers as the driver may get sidetracked.
- Faulty Equipment: Lack of proper maintenance of buses is another reason for potential accidents. Delay in maintenance can cause steering, brakes, engines, or tires to fail.
- Risky Roadways: In some cases, bus accidents are caused by potholes or faulty guardrails on the highway. In these cases, the governmental authority responsible for maintaining the highway can be held liable.
- Bus Driver: Bus drivers can be held liable if they were under the influence of alcohol, tired, distracted, or violated any traffic laws.
- Bus maintenance personnel: Mechanics should conduct a detailed check-up and proper maintenance for the buses to run on roads. Some bus companies hire a third party for that. If a bus mechanic makes a mistake that leads to an accident, he will be liable.
- Bus owner: A court may hold an owner liable for damages if an owner fails to hire qualified drivers, properly train drivers and maintain buses safely.
Compensation for victims
Buses are considered safe compared to other public transportation, yet accidents occur. Suppose you or your loved one has been injured in a bus accident. In that case, you are liable to seek compensation for hospitalization, medications, other medical bills, lost wages, emotional distress, pain, suffering, etc.
However, it is essential to get as much information as possible from the scene, such as eyewitnesses, contact of fellow passengers, the bus’s license plate, and the bus company’s insurer. If you or others get hurt on the bus, take photos of the scene and the bus. Make sure your name is on the accident report, and seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Khaby Lame Becomes The Most Followed TikToker in The World
Khabane Lame was a machine operator but now trending and just became a star from an account he created on...
Meet Bollywood Star Tiger Shroff
Tiger Shroff has a long history in the film industry, starting before his birth. With prominent parents in the industry...
Meet “The Pizza Princess” Amanda Bernardo
If you live in or near New Haven, Connecticut, you may be familiar with the hidden gem that is “New...
Meet Upcoming Bollywood Star Shirley Setia
Shirley Setia is the little Kiwi that could. Coming out of seemingly nowhere with a hit cover on YouTube, she...
How the Best Leaders Create and Build Trust in a Modern Workplace
Being a leader in any setting can be challenging but within professional settings, you really are juggling a lot at...
How Jay Majors Is Disrupting The Barber Industry
When we see a successful figure in any industry, learning their story, where they came from, and how they’ve struggled...
Daymond John Can’t be Stopped
Perhaps you know Daymond John from the wildly popular show Shark Tank. Or maybe you’re familiar with his revolutionary clothing...
Ryan Carroll Establishes Wealth Assistants to Serve as a Launching Pad for Hopefuls Worldwide
Countless highly accomplished personalities and established authorities have proven that the pursuit of one’s passion can be a way to...
Social Media Star, TheBlondeJon’s Journey from Homelessness to Multimillionaire Status
A strong self-belief in oneself is a powerful enabler no matter the obstacles or challenges one faces on a journey....
Skylar Domine on His Bold Moves in the Entrepreneurial Realm and Overarching Mission to Help People and Communities
Many of today’s powerhouses managed to gain a solid foothold in the world of business and stand out in an...
Women Who Disrupt7 days ago
Meet “The Pizza Princess” Amanda Bernardo
Legal6 days ago
What Happens If The Police Do Not Show Up At The Accident Scene?
Business2 weeks ago
Momento NFT Launches Giveaways to Support Creators at VidCon and Drops NFTs with Athletes and Celebrities
Executive Voice5 days ago
How Inland Pacific is Transforming Commercial Real Estate Investment in Southern California
Cryptocurrency1 week ago
Rising Trend of Bitcoin Trading in Arkansas
Executive Voice1 week ago
Third Wind Performance, a rising star in the fitness industry
Community6 days ago
Everything You Need to Know About The Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Lawsuit
Executive Voice2 days ago
How 24-year-old Crypto Trader Moch Akbar Bootstrapped His Way to 7 Figures