The majority of 2020 has been spent indoors due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The fear of contracting the virus, coupled with the governments’ restrictions on movements, has made people hibernate in their homes with nowhere to go. As people continue to stay put in their homes, conventional businesses have been experiencing downfall ever since the outbreak. And these businesses inevitably include restaurants as well. With foot traffic declining massively, restaurant owners find it challenging to manage expenses and witness profits.
However, even in the pre-COVID-19 era, people preferred doorstep deliveries as they are convenient, easily accessible, and highly reliable. As a dark cloud with a silver lining, COVID-19 has anticipated this need even more, propelling third-party food delivery platforms into the spotlight. Apps like UberEats, Foodpanda, etc., are collaborating with a wide range of eateries.
For an emerging entrepreneur who aspires to venture into the food delivery market, there cannot be an ideal time to make an everlasting presence. Are you one such entrepreneur aiming to launch an on-demand food delivery business? If so, this blog discusses critical aspects to consider during food delivery app development.
Online Ordering and Delivery Has Emerged Indispensable
The sheer convenience of availing services at doorsteps is what makes on-demand delivery apps the talk of the town. Here are some stats to reassure your decision to invest in such a lucrative segment.
- According to Upserve, 60% of US consumers order delivery or opt for takeout at least once a week.
- According to MarketWatch, the global online on-demand food delivery services market forecasts a CAGR of over 15% between 2020 and 2023.
- Among numerous countries, China, the US, the UK, India, and France are the top 5 countries that are topping the charts in terms of revenue in the food delivery industry.
- According to Statista, user penetration in the global food delivery segment witnesses 25% YoY (Year over Year) growth in 2020. Thus, by the end of this year, the food delivery segment will house almost 1213.9 million users.
The stakeholders and their innumerable benefits
Satisfying stakeholders is one common thread that unites numerous successful on-demand apps. Your on-demand food delivery app must provide lucrative benefits for the entire stakeholder community. The different stakeholders include,
- Delivery drivers
- Restaurant owners
- The platform owner
Their benefits include,
- Customer convenience: Customers needn’t spend their time, energy, or money in reaching restaurants. With just a few taps on their smartphones, they can order food from their desired restaurants anytime and anywhere. Besides, they have access to exclusive offers, discounts, etc.
- Flexibility for delivery drivers: By signing up with the platform, delivery drivers earn consistent revenue from each UberEats Clone delivery. Besides, they can provide their services during flexible hours, supplementing their income with an additional income source.
- The massive customer base for restaurants: In today’s fast-paced world, restaurants find it increasingly difficult to reach out and engage with their target audience. With an on-demand food delivery app, restaurants can boost visibility, thereby leading to better conversion and income generation.
- Multiple revenue streams for the platform owner: Exploring the online medium paves the way for income generation from a variety of sources. For instance, with an UberEats clone app, one can generate revenue via commissions, subscriptions, advertisements, etc.
The pivotal business models
Business models are imperative as they help in regularizing business operations. Nowadays, there are numerous business models sprouting up other than the conventional aggregator model. They include,
- Order only model: This typical aggregator model provides less burden for entrepreneurs. Here, the role of the platform is to display restaurants and enable customers to place orders. As soon as the orders get placed, it is the responsibility of restaurants to get them delivered at customer locations.
- Order and delivery model: Most of the successful food delivery apps fall under this category. Here, the food delivery platform has an in-house delivery team to take care of deliveries. Restaurants prepare and process food orders for delivery. The delivery executives pick up orders from restaurants and drop them off at customer locations.
- Cloud kitchen or the Fully Integrated model: In this model, instead of restaurants, it is the food delivery platform that takes care of food preparation as well. Users order their favorite food, and these orders are prepared and processed instantly via virtual or cloud kitchens that provide delivery services alone. This model is gradually gaining increased reception among the audience.
Assess your resources and settle for the best business model to scale your food delivery business in no time.
Features spin your success tale
On any given day, features create a visual appeal than any other element in your smartphone application. Hence, it is vital to incorporate the best features into your on-demand food delivery app. Besides, there’s no easier way to integrate USPs than cutting-edge features.
- In-app wallet: In today’s fast-paced world, people do not have the time to enter their account details every time during payments. Hence, integrating an e-wallet can be ideal for conserving time and making hassle-free payments.
- Reorder: Routine users needn’t waste time revisiting the entire menu or browse restaurants once again. With the aid of the reorder functionality, they can reorder from their order history with just a few taps.
- Multilingual support: Language shouldn’t be a barrier in restricting people from availing of your services. An UberEats clone app with multilingual support can help you establish a global presence as well as cater to the local audience effortlessly.
- Contactless deliveries: Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring safety is of paramount importance. Hence, ensure that your platform has a contactless delivery option. This way, you can instruct delivery executives to drop off food orders in front of customer homes rather than handing them over directly.
COVID-19 has reiterated once again that the food delivery platforms are the future. As an entrepreneur, do not hesitate to invest in this lucrative business opportunity. Numerous app development companies out there are providing customized clone app solutions at reliable rates. Reach out to an expert app development company, tell them your needs, and build a food delivery empire with the best business model and cutting-edge features, providing enticing benefits to the entire ecosystem.