Been there, done that. As an entrepreneur, I know how difficult it is to run a business when you are boot-strapped and penny pinching on your marketing budget. But let’s not be too hasty. We’ve all heard the saying: you got to spend money in order to make money. And although this cliché is as outdated as my grandma’s 1950’s record spinner, the saying holds true even today. So although you might be tight with money, you have to learn to spend a little, and here are some tips, tricks, and insight on how to do that:
- Identify your target audience by gender, interest, demographic, hobbies, etc — learn as much about your audience.
- Run a Facebook boost post campaign targeting your audience and with as little as $5 a day, you will see results.
- Look through your LinkedIn connections and see what individuals you could partner with, sell to, or use as resources. If you don’t know the person, asked to be introduced by your first connection.
- Research AKA Google was has worked for other companies in your industry. Sometimes this research can go a long way!
- My dirty little secret: ReferenceUSA.com (it’s a free site to those you have access to a library card or college campus) is a site that allows you to perform market research. For example, if you wanted to open a laundromat, the site will tell you how many of them exist in your neighborhood and their yearly revenue.
- Get on HARO for goodness sakes! HARO (HELP A REPORTER OUT) is a site that journalist or those in the media use to pick sources for their stories. The site helps connect experts with those in the media — and it’s free!
More than money, you will need time! Get cranking with these tactics and stay consistent because you will see results!