Michelle Beltran is an award-winning author, psychic medium and highly trained remote viewer. Based in Northern California, she has become a leading international authority in the spirituality arena, specializing in intuitive functioning, spiritual counseling, and remote viewing.
What Is Intuition, Exactly?
I pondered this question too. According to the Swiss psychologist Carl Jung, intuition is one of four important functions of the human mind. It exists alongside sensations, thoughts, and emotions. Balancing these functions enables us to maximize our potential.
Malcolm Gladwell, in his book Blink: The Power of Thinking without Thinking takes a long, hard look at the power and presence of the seldom-understood phenomenon we call intuition. His argument suggests our mental processes work quickly and automatically, using an overabundance of information acquired over a lifetime. He puts forth a theory that expert judgment and instantaneous decisions are often accurate without the benefit of extensive knowledge.
To others, however, intuition is a knowing or sensing that comes from within because we are a part of a universal mind, and it comes without the benefit of rational explanation. They believe intuition is an unnamed something that operates beneath our layers of logic, something that works as our conscious and unconscious minds communicate in unexpected ways, an unconscious reasoning that propels us to do things without telling us why or how.
Regardless of where one might stand on the spectrum of intuition and their belief of it, one thing is for sure: Many of us have had some unique, unexplainable experiences.
Those Unique Unexplainable Experiences or Coincidences?
Do you have a natural, gut sense about things that turns out to be right, or that you rely upon because it is often right? Have you had some unexplainable experiences, but you are unsure what they meant? Did these experiences make you feel different than everyone else or that you were misunderstood or didn’t fit in? If you thought you were nuts … take peace in knowing, you weren’t.
Early on I threw my hands up a time or two because I didn’t know what was happening to me meant. At times, I was sure I was just imagining things. Sound familiar?
Do you have vivid dreams, daydreams, or visions that come to pass? Perhaps you see shadows occasionally? If you do, it’s okay to embrace that!
Signs You’re Intuitive
Everything begins with feelings and occurrences you know are more than mere coincidence—strange and undeniable knowings you find impossible to ignore. You may have experienced a strong urge to call a relative, only to find out that you were needed at that very moment. Experiences like these happen more often to you than to others. During those times, acting on those feelings or urges—not logic—produces positive results. There may be times you suspect there is something beyond what’s called reality, something residing in the world of the paranormal.
So, let’s clear the air and put everyone’s mind at ease. Here are common traits and experiences an intuitive can have. Which ones have you experienced?
- As a child, you felt different. Did you feel like you didn’t quite fit in? You might even feel this now.
- You see things in your peripheral vision, or you see images and pictures that might present like a mini movie, and which prove to be accurate. This is called clairvoyance. You might also see orbs, shadows, sparkly or flashing lights.
- Do you pay attention to your dreams? Do you have frequent or vivid dreams?
If so, you understand that dreams have an unfathomable ability to deliver profound messages, spiritual insights, and guidance.
- You pay particular attention to your inner voice sometimes called gut sense and listen to its urgings and nudges. This is called claircognizance and these messages may come to you in many ways. They can present in inspired ideas, dreams, through automatic writing, while drawing or playing a musical instrument. Often, messages present while in meditation or random daydreams.
- You pay attention to your emotions and are in tune with them. This is known as an empath or highly sensitive person. You might walk into a room you have never been in and instantly you get chills, shiver or notice the energy in the room is different or even heavy. You might find yourself saying “It feels odd here” or in turn “I love how it feels here!”
- You hear voices, humming, buzzing, and whooshing sounds? Perhaps you hear musical tunes and jingles or experience ear ringing? This is known as clairaudience, an ability to perceive and understand sounds outside the range of normal perception.
- Do you awaken at the 2 am hour feeling restless, anxious or ready to get up? This is a unique time in the day and often a most receptive time for higher insight.
- Light interference! Have you ever noticed strange electronic phenomena happening in your presence? Better yet, are you turning on and off streetlights when you walk by? Do electrical appliances flicker or turn off and on when you are near? Perhaps you cannot wear electronic watches because they just stop working in time? This is a real phenomenon and happens because your vibration is so high – that of intuitive energy.
- Are you afraid of the dark? Does the dark bring out an otherworldly knowing within you? You’re not alone. Many with unique intuitive abilities have a similar fear and prefer to sleep with lights on.
- Do you find that family and friends come to you to divulge their life issues and problems? You always seem to give the right advice and the right time and sometimes you don’t understand where what you’re saying comes from yet the words and right counsel just flow.
- Are rules and regimen stifling to you? Is freedom essential? Does strict procedure and guidelines make you feel uncomfortable or controlled?
- You loathe loud or crowded places, bright lights, or strong smells. Do airports, zoos, amusement parks and sensory-rich places make you want to sleep for hours after you experience them? This is because you are an empath or highly sensitive – very sensitive to energy.
- Intuitive ability is in the family and/or generational. It is common that an intuitive was raised by another intuitive or someone with such tendencies.
We Are All Intuitive and the Sensory Field Trip
Accessing your intuition can be acquired by anyone who takes the time and makes the effort to study and learn. It isn’t necessary to be highly evolved or even believe in other worldly inclinations that may have occurred in childhood or otherwise. It turns out that everyone has intuitive potential, but their abilities often remain inactive until something triggers them into action. Intuitive ability, like any skill, develops only when wanted and practiced. It fades when it is neglected.
The more you listen to your intuition and the more you act on what you know, the more heightened your awareness will become. It is the strongest connection you will have to your subconscious mind. It is also the most important bridge between your conscious and unconscious minds.
Want to get started expanding your understanding of your intuition? Connecting with your higher self, your sixth sense, requires the use of all your senses: taste, touch, smell, hearing, and sight. These senses are the doorways through which your connection with your intuition develops.
Start by taking time to increase awareness of everything around you. Try taking a sensory field trip—a time when all you do is practice awareness. Go to a zoo, the woods, your local grocery store, or farmer’s market. Take time to notice everything there. Take thirty to forty minutes to wander around. Listen to the sounds that make up the environment, the smells you encounter, and everything you rarely take notice of. Look everywhere and feel everything. Feel textures, notice colors, sensations, temperatures, and smells. Handle things. Notice the weight and even the temperature of the items you touch.
Your intuition is your inner guide. Learn to trust it. When you obey your urges and listen to your inner self, you’ll reinforce the power of your awareness and see it become an important part of your life-impacting the choices you make and your future endeavors!
Navy Veteran Davis Chris Takes the Music Industry by storm
In life, you need to break down anything that might be holding you back and change course if need be...
5 Disruptive Leaders Paving the Way in 2021
Where there is uncertainty, lies a whirlwind of opportunity. 2020 was the year that had entrepreneurs learn a great deal...
Brock Pierce Wants To Disrupt The Two Party System And Be Your Next President
We don’t usually cover politics much here at Disrupt, but when Crypto billionaire and friend of the show, Brock Pierce...
John Mcafee – Predictions For The Future
John McAfee is a world-famous tech CEO, computer scientist, civil disobedience activist, privacy advocate, and pioneer of the commercial anti-virus...
Gaby Wall Street – Teaching Latinas to Thrive During The Crisis
It’s no secret we are facing one of the most challenging financial times of the last few decades as we...
Tony Delgado – The #1 Entrepreneurship Movement In Puerto Rico
Puerto Rican online market is in constant progress. With many entrepreneurs who are coming here to start a business, it...
Elena Cardone – The 10X Ladies Conference Is Declaring 2020 The Decade For Women
The next ten years are meant for women to continue growing their potential and succeeding in multiple areas, including business....
How Josh Elizetxe Built Snow Into a $40 Million Dollar Business
There is nothing quite like an entrepreneur’s determination when starting a business. That’s my original quote by the way (pun...
How Jason Capital Became A Self Made Millionaire By 24
Have you ever wanted to earn the respect of everyone who ever looked down on you at some point in...
Sam Bakhtiar On His Way To A Quarter Billion
Dr. Saman Bakhtiar, who prefers being referred as Sam, lives in an 8200 square foot $5.2 million house, Sam is...
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
Meet Dovi Bezner Aka PokerTheJew: Official Manager Of The Island Boys
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
Meet The Island Boys: Kodiyakredd and Flyysoulja
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
How Elite Automation Helps Clients Earn Passive Income Through Amazon
Entrepreneurship3 days ago
Here’s How Tony Grivot, the Emerging Business Coach, Gained Popularity in Finance at Such a Young Age
Entrepreneurship4 days ago
Renowned Dentist In UAE Making Hundreds Smile Everyday
Executive Voice4 days ago
Black Entrepreneur Launches Banking App To Help Teens Build Financial Futures With 15% Cashback Program
Executive Voice6 days ago
Katia Palmiotto: A Certified Professional Coach Who Teaches Women to Think outside the Box
Executive Voice7 days ago
Seba Ceramics announces exclusive Art and NFT Bundle Drop on Dec. 1