Mumbai’s Universal Business School (UBS), popularly known as India’s first Green Business School, has now taken one more concrete step towards sustainable living.
The B School that is based in the outskirts of the city, surrounded by nature, recently installed 355 kWh (kilowatt-power) roof-top solar panels and carport solar panels across its large campus spread over 40 acres. The solar energy generated by the 912 solar panels is helping power the entire campus- including lighting up classrooms, auditoriums, playground, canteen and so on.
“We hope to produce more green power with the help of this initiative. As we go about celebrating International Earth day on 22nd April, it’s important to reflect on how we survived 2020 with the monstrosity of the pandemic and the warnings from environmentalists about the dangers of climate change that have become louder over the past few years. UBS has already taken a leap forward by creating India’s first green business school that is not just energy efficient but also sets an example of sustainable living for its students,” shares Tarun Anand, Founder and Chairman of Universal Business School.
Staying true to its commitment towards environment conservation with innovation, UBS in the last few years has adopted several initiatives such as rain water harvesting, garbage recycling through sewage treatment plants, planting 7000 trees across the campus and even keeping electives like Green Financing and Green Manufacturing and Sustainability Management for the students.
Talking about the solar power panels prof. Sriram Ramnarayan says,” We require 4000 kWh of energy in a year. By switching to a renewable resource such as solar power, the B-school is consuming enough power to comfortably meet its energy demand and also able to shrink its carbon footprint.”
According to a recent survey by World Resources Institute India and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), the existing climate commitments of just 50 leading Indian companies can reduce the country’s total greenhouse gas emissions by almost 2% below national projections for 2030.
Green initiatives @ UBS
· The main academic centre and library have double heighted ceilings to allow for the wind tunnel effect to flow through allowing for reduction of cooling needs and reduction of energy
· UBS wall cladding has been done with space between the exterior and interior surface to ensure that the heat from outside does not penetrate inside to ensure that the cooling requirements are down to the minimum and saves tremendous energy.
· UBS has used double glazed glass, with two sheets of glass pressed together to ensure that external heat is not transmitted internally, thereby reducing the cooling requirements and making it a climate friendly building
· Rain Water Harvesting by UBS ensures that water is conserved and reused, given Karjat gets plentiful rain. Retaining walls and mini-dams have been created to conserve water.
· All the garbage is recycled effectively with two sewage treatment plants at either ends of the campus to cater to the student and faculty.
· UBS has planted over 7000 trees with an objective to plant 10000 trees in the campus. Each student will plant a tree and thereby, is connected to mother earth and their alma mater.
· Green thinking is integrated into each and every subject whether finance, marketing or production to be able to resolve the cost and execution dilemmas that exist in making green decisions. The implications of each green decision is actively debated allowing for students to get a better understanding and making more effective and sustainable decisions.
· The B school has electives like Green Financing and Green Manufacturing and Sustainability Management with professors from Harvard Business School Research Centre imparting learning of practical and successful models of leading companies who have built excellent models.
· UBS has kept the original flora and fauna intact and has enhanced it in many ways.
· UBS has brought material like bricks, stone; from the local villages reducing the need for transportation and thereby contributing to less carbon emissions.
· UBS classrooms have the ability to have video conferencing and live debates in an interactive fashion with professors internationally to ensure that minimal travel is required and virtually information can be imparted. Given, UBS is a fully residential campus; it ensures students do not have to take public transportation, reducing carbon emissions.
· Each student will have a Societal causes Management and Responsibility Training (SMART) project where they will have to adopt the nearby villages and implement the green thinking ideas thereby learning by doing.
· UBS is ensuring that 40 percent of the campus will have no construction and will create organic farming to allow for farm fresh and healthy living for the students.
· UBS has started with electric mobility on campus and will increase this initiative in the coming years as the technology improves.
Universal Business School, Mumbai.
Universal Business School (https://universalbusinessschool.com/) is ranked among the most innovative business schools in India. As a premier management college offering pioneering programs, entrepreneurial experiences at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, its pedagogic innovation and pioneering tie ups with Cardiff Met. University, UK, Swiss School of Management, Italy, INSEEC Business School, France, University of Economics, Bulgaria and Lincoln University, USA have made it one of the top BBA and MBA institutions in terms of alumni performance and industry demand. The B School has a sprawling 40 acres’ campus in the Green Karjat valley, offering a second home to the brightest young minds. Campus placements are top-notch with the school being the first in Asia Pacific to have an exclusive Thomson Reuters Cross Asset Trading Room. Universal Business School Alumni are leading professionals across twenty different nations. UBS follows the 3E Model of Ethics, Environment and Experiential learning, making sure that its students hit the ground running. “Our students placed across 20 nations can connect the dots looking forward”, sums up Tarun Anand, Founder and Chairman.
The 2020 placement season saw a 22% increase in the median salary for the flagship PGDM batch. UBS attracted a record 310 companies to participate in campus recruitment for final placement and the summer internship process.
For more information please check: https://universalbusinessschool.com/
Navy Veteran Davis Chris Takes the Music Industry by storm
In life, you need to break down anything that might be holding you back and change course if need be...
5 Disruptive Leaders Paving the Way in 2021
Where there is uncertainty, lies a whirlwind of opportunity. 2020 was the year that had entrepreneurs learn a great deal...
Brock Pierce Wants To Disrupt The Two Party System And Be Your Next President
We don’t usually cover politics much here at Disrupt, but when Crypto billionaire and friend of the show, Brock Pierce...
John Mcafee – Predictions For The Future
John McAfee is a world-famous tech CEO, computer scientist, civil disobedience activist, privacy advocate, and pioneer of the commercial anti-virus...
Gaby Wall Street – Teaching Latinas to Thrive During The Crisis
It’s no secret we are facing one of the most challenging financial times of the last few decades as we...
Tony Delgado – The #1 Entrepreneurship Movement In Puerto Rico
Puerto Rican online market is in constant progress. With many entrepreneurs who are coming here to start a business, it...
Elena Cardone – The 10X Ladies Conference Is Declaring 2020 The Decade For Women
The next ten years are meant for women to continue growing their potential and succeeding in multiple areas, including business....
How Josh Elizetxe Built Snow Into a $40 Million Dollar Business
There is nothing quite like an entrepreneur’s determination when starting a business. That’s my original quote by the way (pun...
How Jason Capital Became A Self Made Millionaire By 24
Have you ever wanted to earn the respect of everyone who ever looked down on you at some point in...
Sam Bakhtiar On His Way To A Quarter Billion
Dr. Saman Bakhtiar, who prefers being referred as Sam, lives in an 8200 square foot $5.2 million house, Sam is...
Executive Voice6 days ago
Top 10 Hair Stylists To Look Out For In 2021
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
ATS Wallet to Launch World’s First Digital Wallet IPO for Investors in 2022
Executive Voice1 week ago
Top 10 Realtors To Watch Out For In 2021
Legal2 weeks ago
Former TV Star Josh Duggar Pleads ‘Not Guilty’ to Federal Child Pornography Charges; What Next?
News2 weeks ago
Robinhood Has “Become a Very Significant Part of the Casino Aspect,” Says Warren Buffet
Executive Voice2 weeks ago
Event Speakers who are Disrupting Coaching and Speaking Industry
Executive Voice1 week ago
No More Stress With Mortgages With Lee Hillman At Your Service
Executive Voice1 week ago
Interview With Detroit Artist Jacob Sinawi aka Big Juicy