Running a business is not easy. There are many challenges you will face along the way, and it can be difficult to stay motivated. Inspirational quotes help remind us of our goals and give us the motivation we need to keep going! In this post, you’ll find 15 inspirational quotes for business owners like yourself. These quotes were handpicked to provide encouragement when you need it most.
- “If you want to be successful, you must choose a goal that is worthy of your best efforts.”- Jim Rohn
This quote by Jim Rohn is an excellent way to kick starts your day. It reminds us that we must be focused and goal oriented in order for our business ideas to succeed.
- “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.”- Huddie Ledbetter
As a business owner, there will always be more work than you can handle on any given day. This quote lets you know that it doesn’t matter how much work there is if all of the tasks are not completed well done each time! Always put forth 100 percent effort when working towards reaching goals as a small amount of attention paid over time creates greater results then one large rush to finish something quickly off the bat.
- “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.”- Zig Ziglar
This quote by Zig Ziglar is perfect for business owners who are just starting out. It encourages them not to give up and reminds them that small steps will lead to big accomplishments over time.
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”- Steve Jobs
We can all learn a lot from this quote by Steve Jobs about finding our passion in life and working hard at something we love doing every day.
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.”- Zig Ziglar
If you feel like your motivation is lacking and you can’t focus on working toward success every day, this quote by Zig Ziglar will help motivate you to keep going! It reminds us of the importance of self-care and helps encourage a healthy work/life balance so that we can stay focused throughout our business endeavors.
- “Don’t take criticism from people you wouldn’t take advice from.”- Unknown
Nothing is more helpful for business owners than advice coming from the mouths of other successful entrepreneurs. However, you should be careful about whose words you listen to and learn from because not everyone will have your best interest at heart when speaking. This quote helps remind us that we must choose wisely in order to make our businesses as successful as they can possibly be.
- “I didn’t fail 1000 times trying to design a light bulb; I successfully discovered 1000 ways how NOT to build a lightbulb.” – Thomas Edison
Sometimes it takes many tries before success comes along. The key is never giving up! We all know what failure looks like and whenever you do face obstacles on your journey toward success, this quotable Edison quote is a good reminder of how to keep going.
- “The most important thing about goals is having one.”- Unknown
This quote by an unknown source helps remind us that it’s very important to always have something to work towards in order to stay motivated. Setting and working towards achievable goals is a key part of being a successful business owner.
- “If you don’t believe in your mission, giving up is easy. The majority of founders give up. But the best founders don’t give up.” -Mark Zuckerberg
This quote by Mark Zuckerberg is perfect for business owners who tend to lose focus and motivation. It helps remind us that we must believe in our own success if we are going to achieve it.
- “If you’re not willing to risk the unusual, you’ll have to settle for the ordinary.” -Jim Rohn
For some people, being an entrepreneur isn’t easy or even preferable because they would rather work a regular nine-to-five job then take risks towards becoming successful in their own way of thinking. This quote reminds those types of individuals never forget what they’re working toward might be outside of the norm but also gives them hope that one day soon they could make all of their dreams come true as well.
- “Don’t ever quit. You’ll succeed if you have delighted customers. Don’t settle for satisfied.” – Jeff Bezos
This quote by Amazon CEO and founder, Jeff Bezos is perfect for business owners to remember as they are working towards success. The key here is that you must always be thinking about how you can improve your product or service so that it will continue to delight not just the people who use it at this moment but also future customers.
- “The difference between who you are and who you want to be…. is WHAT YOU DO.”- Unknown
This is a great quote for business owners because it reminds us that in order to be successful, we must take action and work hard every day. It’s easy to get lost in the dream of success but this quote helps motivate us to become the person who has accomplished all of their goals!
- “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.” – Steve Jobs
This quote by one of America’s most famous entrepreneurs is perfect for reminding business owners that everything they do today is leading them closer towards their ultimate goal. There might be some difficult times where it feels like things are not going as planned but if you stay focused and trust the process, you will eventually get where you want to be.
- “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.” – Reid Hoffman
This quote is perfect for business owners who are working on their first product because it helps remind them that they should always be aiming to improve their work no matter how good it might seem at first. There is never a wrong time to start making your product better.
- “No one can stop you once you have decided to grow.” – Sangeeta Rana
This quote is perfect for business owners who are feeling discouraged because it reminds them that no one can stop them from achieving their goals if they truly want to. All they need is some perseverance and determination.
Hope these 15 quotes help encourages and motivates you as a business owner! Remember, success is attainable if you stay focused and always continue working towards your goals. Stay inspired!
Do you have any favorite quotes that inspire you as a business owner? Leave them in the comments below and let us all be motivated together!
John Lawson is one of the most trusted and experienced eCommerce professionals in the industry. John is the founder of The Ecommerce Group, which he started in 2011 to share his knowledge with other entrepreneurs in the industry. It’s the oldest eCommerce group on Facebook with over 8,500 members from around the world!
John speaks at conferences all around the world, including Retail Global, South by Southwest, Etail, Digital Summit, Hubspot Inbound, Ad-Tech and more. He also writes for several international publications such as Power Retail, Small Business Trends and Disrupt Magazine.